Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 143 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,953 Posts
Be sure to get new washers too. I had to order both mine as the dealer did not have them in stock.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,953 Posts
Yes a generic one would work. The OEM ones are aluminum and they are two different sizes.

The trans drain plug washer is part # 21513-11000

You can generally reuse them once.

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,289 Posts
Papco does make the aluminum gaskets, I will see if I can get a part number when I get home

Duro

·
Registered
454 Posts
Will be having a Stage 2 Comp Clutch installed, with ATQ SS and poly bushings this coming Spring. Going to swap the tranny fluid with Redline MT85 while its being done. Is it recommended/much more effort to have the Differential fluid done with some Redline 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil as well?
If you do the diff fluid, here are the part numbers you need for the differential crush washers:

Differential filler crush washer:
M17 washer: 17mm I.D. x 24mm O.D. x 1.0mm thickness
Hyundai P/N: 53084-39000

Differential drain crush washer:
M18 washer: 18mm I.D. x 24mm O.D. x 1.0mm thickness
Hyundai P/N: 53072-39000

Hyundai's parts catalog incorrectly shows the drain crush washer in completely the wrong place. When I did my diff fluid, it took me and the dealer forever to figure this out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you do the diff fluid, here are the part numbers you need for the differential crush washers:

Differential filler crush washer:
M17 washer: 17mm I.D. x 24mm O.D. x 1.0mm thickness
Hyundai P/N: 53084-39000

Differential drain crush washer:
M18 washer: 18mm I.D. x 24mm O.D. x 1.0mm thickness
Hyundai P/N: 53072-39000

Hyundai's parts catalog incorrectly shows the drain crush washer in completely the wrong place. When I did my diff fluid, it took me and the dealer forever to figure this out.
Awesome. Thanks for the leg work.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,953 Posts
I never changed out the fill plug washers. They don't need torqued down like the drain ones do. My trans one is on it's 4th time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
just in case some of you don't wanna go to the dealer for the crush washer...

fill plug is 16.25mm x 24mm x 1mm
drain plus is 18.5mm x 24mm x 1mm

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just attempted this today and I couldn't for the life of me get the dang gone drain socket off..How did you guys get it off? I spent like two hours trying to get the damn thing off. I feel less of a man right now :(

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I just attempted this today and I couldn't for the life of me get the dang gone drain socket off..How did you guys get it off? I spent like two hours trying to get the damn thing off. I feel less of a man right now :(
I used half inch ratchet, didn't take much effort at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got my transmission replaced so maybe that's why it's so darn tight :/. I think I'll try this breaker bar thing I never even heard of that until just now. I'll try it in the morning and let you guys know if I succeed. Thanks for your help and info.

81 - 100 of 143 Posts