Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The mineral spirit flush is the best suggestion so far.
The original fluid, that gave the problems, needs to be removed rather than left in to contaminate the new.
There are a bazillion tiny spaces in a tranny that will hold on to the original oil.

Cleanliness is next to godliness.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,570 Posts
When I did my MS flush I filled it to the overflow. Then with it jacked up and level ran it through all the gears at idle several times. Then left the drain open overnight. No way was that ugly green lightweight shockproof coming out otherwise. I had done a fill with Redline MTL and when i went to change that at a couple thousand miles it was as green as the original shockproof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Transmission Fluid

I need you guy helps, My Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2011 recently hit something and my transmission fluid is leaking, and when I put into gear it won't run. Do I change the transmission fluid filter and which type should I buy ? and which transmission fluid would fit my gen ? If you guy could help me please, I really appreciated. Thank You

·
Registered
644 Posts
I need you guy helps, My Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2011 recently hit something and my transmission fluid is leaking, and when I put into gear it won't run. Do I change the transmission fluid filter and which type should I buy ? and which transmission fluid would fit my gen ? If you guy could help me please, I really appreciated. Thank You
Logic dictates if you hit something and not fluid is leaking, there is physical damage done that needs to be repaired. Changing the fluid and filter to try and remedy that is like saying I broke my leg, should I get some new blood to fix it?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Logic dictates if you hit something and now fluid is leaking, there is physical damage done that needs to be repaired. Changing the fluid and filter to try and remedy that is like saying I broke my leg, should I get some new blood to fix it?

121 - 128 of 128 Posts