Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah so I decided to experiment with the white**** plasti dip I ordered, so I did my OEM Rims. Note: I did this while they were still on the car because I was lazy... so here's how I did it.. I don't plan to explain anything really unless you guys ask any questions because I suck at explaining how my mind thinks lol, but here's how it looks so far till tomorrow when I have better lighting for the finished job.

It turned out pretty damn good from what I can tell, and yes I did this by myself with no outside help. I'm pretty damn good at coming up with ways to get what I want done, done.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So did you spray it on? I did not know it came in a spray form....

Looks good BTW!

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's a spray and I totally spelled White* wrong lol!

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would be nice if a moderator of awesomeness would fix my inability to spell white in the title for me ^_^

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3 full coats and 1 light spray over each rim.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Congrats to your barnyard effort ... looks great, really. Pulling the lug nuts would make sense ... you could do one at a time to remove the white so wouldn't have to pull the entire wheel. Some of the local VW guys are hooked on the stuff, blacking out their wheels. I was looking at the center cap recently, seemed like that had to pushed out from the other side. How'd you pry it out?

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man up... haha. Well I was just being lazy and I don't have any type of jack to keep the car up and stable besides the one that it came with and my driveway is a hill so yeah.. not a good idea. As far as the center cap, I just took my pocket knife and pried it out, it only has those cheap clips holding it in and came out easily.

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and I plan to replace the lugnuts, that's why I didn't bother to cover them or anything.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
looks really nice. I love white on red. I've been wanting to see the 19's in white on a red coupe. any pictures of the full car?

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
Man up and take the wheels off so it looks better and paint the lugs black or whatever color you feel. Looks good though.
Isn't CantFindMeHaHa a girl? Wouldnt' it be Woman up?

·
Kickin Ass n' Takin Names
190 Posts
So did u use any kind of clear coat over top? If not, aren't you worried it will scratch off easy?

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HAH! That's exactly why I laughed when I posted my reply... I'll never be "Man" enough to take off my rims by his statement..

And no I didn't use a clear coat, I'm not sure how long I plan to keep them white, I may put a clear coat on later but I am not sure if I can still peal it off after a clear coat.

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well this is what it looks like now, although I haven't bought the lugnuts yet.

·
3.8 R-Spec <3
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And yes, Jack Skellington is one of my obsessions, I have a magnet on the left side of my car, a steering wheel cover and a few dolls chillin in the back of my car lol...

So pick on me for it all you want, idc. It's better than Hello Kitty >.< I hate that stupid cat.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
1 - 20 of 313 Posts