Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized when I turn the key and all the dash lights come on the engine light doesn't come on, since this car is rather new to me I thought it could have been tampered with so I went and read the codes and luckily there was nothing. I opened up the cluster and switched the oil bulb and the engine bulb and the oil still came on and no engine light. No tape over anything the circuit board looked in fine shape so not sure why im not getting an engine light. Would this mean I need a new cluster? And also The trim piece I had to take off in order to get to the screws didn't want to pop back into place and doesn't really hold tight like it should. Is there a clip component I need to replace?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,432 Posts
The fuse is the same for the oil light so if that works the voltage is good. Did you see if there is 12v on pin 92 of the ECU when the key is on engine off?

Unplug a sensor and start the car twice to see if it triggers the light. Probably only need to cycle the key a couple of times but starting the engine won't hurt anything with the sensor unplugged.

Has the check engine light ever worked? If you scan the OBDII port for codes a bad MIL circuit will trip DTC P0650.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fuse is the same for the oil light so if that works the voltage is good. Did you see if there is 12v on pin 92 of the ECU when the key is on engine off?

Unplug a sensor and start the car twice to see if it triggers the light. Probably only need to cycle the key a couple of times but starting the engine won't hurt anything with the sensor unplugged.

Has the check engine light ever worked? If you scan the OBDII port for codes a bad MIL circuit will trip DTC P0650.
Ok I unplugged both O2 sensors and started and killed the engine a coupe times and let it idle for a couple minutes and sure enough no engine light... I have a catless downpipe (bought car this way 2 months ago) and my friend always says how he's surprised it doesn't throw and engine light... Starting to wonder if it was turned off somehow for this downpipe .... I would like it to work because I'm not a fan of the idea that if something goes wrong I won't know about it...

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,432 Posts
Sounds like it has either been tuned and had the check engine light disabled or the ECU is bad. Assuming the wiring is good from the ECU to the cluster.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like it has either been tuned and had the check engine light disabled or the ECU is bad. Assuming the wiring is good from the ECU to the cluster.
I have an SFR stage 1 tuned ECU and I plugged that in and got engine light upon start up and I also got it to turn on when I unplugged the O2 sensors... looks like its something with stock ECU.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts