Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
With my lack of experience in this area, I was wondering if I have to get a tune after I install my ISR down pipe. I also have have a K&N typhoon intake, and an ISR cat back exhaust (not the craziest mods I know.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as you did not replace the O2 Housing you should be fine without tune.
A tune can help improve the car efficiency and performance.
okay thank you! A few people have told me that i absolutely need a tune if i do the down pipe. I do also plan on getting an aftermarket O2 housing.

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
186 Posts
Well there is such a difference that when I have my O2 housing on the car I park close to my house, if I have all my cats off I park my car as far away possible from my house. I think it's very noticable difference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well there is such a difference that when I have my O2 housing on the car I park close to my house, if I have all my cats off I park my car as far away possible from my house. I think it's very noticable difference.
What’s your exhaust setup? I want to remove primary cat and keep muffler and res but I don’t want it to be too loud. Do you think with just the 2 cats removed and a down pipe it will be too loud?

·
Registered
186 Posts
What’s your exhaust setup? I want to remove primary cat and keep muffler and res but I don’t want it to be too loud. Do you think with just the 2 cats removed and a down pipe it will be too loud?
Depends what you consider loud. I personally have ISR O2 Housing and Downpipe, test pipe and custom cat back that's a straight pipe 3inch... Tuned. I live in FL so cops don't care, and my mpg improved too, now I'm doing about 32mpg.

Start with 1, like start by doing Cat-Back and if that's not loud enough then test pipe then Downpipe and last o2 housing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depends what you consider loud. I personally have ISR O2 Housing and Downpipe, test pipe and custom cat back that's a straight pipe 3inch... Tuned. I live in FL so cops don't care, and my mpg improved too, now I'm doing about 32mpg.

Start with 1, like start by doing Cat-Back and if that's not loud enough then test pipe then Downpipe and last o2 housing.
I’ve already got downpipe and no secondary but I’m just looking for power not sound so that’s why I wanted to remove the primary cat. So from what your saying removing the primary makes it louder than removing muffler?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Removing the primary cat and leaving the muffler on will increase power and the sound won't be too loud. That's how I had it at first.
But it's recommended to get a tune.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a cat back exhaust, resonator, both cats and a downpipe and it’s loud enough that it isn’t a heat score

·
Registered
8 Posts
Basically only needed, if the primary cat is replaced with a test pipe.

I have the same set up on my jenny. 3 inch straight pipe. In Oklahoma they’re not so tough on them being loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts