Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've given this guy plenty of time to correct his mistakes and get me the downpipe I bought from him (or a refund), and after 2+ months and lie after lie, I can pretty much kiss that money and downpipe goodbye.

Here's the original thread with the downpipe that I thought I was getting:
http://www.gencoupe.com/private-classifieds-engine/59422-fs-3-dp-testpipe.html

Thinking it was a done deal, I sent $180 bucks sent via PayPal on March 21st. Received a response email from him that said it was going to be shipped out "Thursday" (March 24th... Just over TWO MONTHS ago.)

So, just confirming on the 25th that it was actually shipped, I sent him an email.

So I wait. A week passes and I email seller the following Sunday (April 3rd)
Apparently he "sent it to the wrong address"... Pictured in red is a screenshot of the PayPal payment confirmation email where I clearly mentioned in the message that my street number is 3425... not 3325. I don't understand how you can mess that up.

Regardless of whether he actually shipped it to my house, I gave him the benefit of the doubt... and waited some more.

Almost two weeks pass and I send another email on April 22nd. Apparently the downpipe is supposed to be back at his place on the 28th.

The 28th rolls around, and I send an email just to see if it made it back to his house... No response. Curious, I go into another one of his for sale threads where he's selling "another" downpipe, and an exhaust.

This is a month after I initially sent payment. He assures me that it's going to be shipped the following day (Friday, Apr. 29th). So, I patiently await a confirmation email and a tracking number.

Fast-forward yet another week to May 6th. I sent an email after no communication from the seller, and this is what I get:

Really? You're in North Carolina... At this point I can only assume that I'm being Punk'd or something. This is a joke.

May 12th, the Thursday after he said he was going to be back home, I checked again to see if it had been shipped. This was the response I got, and I literally LOL'd.

If you can't afford to ship something, why even sell it in the first place? Are you kidding me?

It has been well over two weeks after he said he'd send a refund... and no, I still have not received one. Nor have I received a downpipe. But I see that he just sold an exhaust to someone, according to his latest thread: http://www.gencoupe.com/private-classifieds-engine/62214-fs-tsudo-catback.html

Maybe that member will actually get the item that they paid for. Interesting to know that he can afford to ship someone else's exhaust, but the downpipe I purchased is just "too expensive to ship."

Do not, do not, I repeat... DO NOT buy anything from this clown. I mean, unless you're into the whole "lie after lie, after lie, runaround" sort of thing.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Interestingly, when he said he was going to refund you, he said he'd "have the money in a week", meaning he didn't even have the money anymore.

Very bad transaction, hope no other items sell.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hate this type of maggots. Can you still get your $ from paypal? good luck man
Unfortunately no, It's past the 45 day dispute timeframe.

Interestingly, when he said he was going to refund you, he said he'd "have the money in a week", meaning he didn't even have the money anymore.

Very bad transaction, hope no other items sell.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
damn, i have had a problem buying from other members, but nothing this bad. i don't buy from members anymore, sorry man. that really sucks.

·
The SFGenKid
782 Posts
what a punk @ss bit[h. sounds more like he just needed money to pay his bills and what not. not to sell the DP

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
defenatly, he is trying to sell a drop in filter for 30 bucks. mayb admin needs to ban this kid until he figures his **** out?

·
EJMotorsports
621 Posts
damn that sucks! its crap like this thats makes us good sellers have a hard time selling items. cant say im perfect but ive ALWAYS made things right or helped out buyers if i ran into a jam weather thats refunding cash for item bought or just giving partial credit and sending part for dealing with my delay in shipping due to my insane work hours

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
I am just glad we have a section like this again since the itrader is gone. Though it sucks you had to go through this.

·
2010 2.0t R-Spec
441 Posts

yea he took lilaaron's money and did the same thing accept he is sending him payments to pay the money back then turned around and reposted the exhaust right after all that. hopefully this guy send him the money i almost fell for the trap until lilaaron told me about it at a gencoupe meet. avoid this guy at all cost. he told him he didnt have the money to send it and did the same thing kept telling him he was gonna send it till the 45 days passed he knows what hes doing he knows the system. its guys like this that ruin the trust on the forums in selling items. its a shame becuase its a great way for people to save money and recoupe some of the money they spent on unneeded items or unwanted items.

·
Registered
246 Posts
yea he took lilaaron's money and did the same thing accept he is sending him payments to pay the money back then turned around and reposted the exhaust right after all that. hopefully this guy send him the money i almost fell for the trap until lilaaron told me about it at a gencoupe meet. avoid this guy at all cost. he told him he didnt have the money to send it and did the same thing kept telling him he was gonna send it till the 45 days passed he knows what hes doing he knows the system. its guys like this that ruin the trust on the forums in selling items. its a shame becuase its a great way for people to save money and recoupe some of the money they spent on unneeded items or unwanted items.
Yup, thats me alright. lol I should be getting my "last payment" in mail soon. holy F*&% it took 3 months to get all back. and honestly I've dealt with plenty of members buying/selling and never had any problem with it. Hope this doesn't happen again to other members on forum.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
it is frustrating, i mean, we need to have some sort of way to rate members in their sales like on ebay. usually people are trustworthy, but some deuch bags just **** it up for everyone.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Damn that sucks dude. Sorry to hear. It does sound like he has no money for bills and is using forum members' money. A rating system would be awesome. Otherwise, buy locally and take your money back before the 45 days. That's just a ridiculous amount of time to wait.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Wow sorry to here that. I've had good luck with buying and selling on forums...sucks people like this are around they need to be banned or something to that effect.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Guys like this kill it for all of the honest members actually selling real items on the forums. I've sold several items so far, and even when I screw up and wind up getting killed on the shipping, the item still goes out when I said it would.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow sorry to here that. I've had good luck with buying and selling on forums...sucks people like this are around they need to be banned or something to that effect.
Same here, up until now. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know there are plenty of good sellers on GC... but stuff like this makes me want to spend a little more cash and stick to buying from vendors.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts