Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay....so as I was waxing my car and applying a lot of pressure on my hood and it started to squeak a little on the left side....HMMMMM so i backed up and noticed that the left side is slightly raised higher then the right????.....does anyone have this problem too and should I get this looked at?

Or is this nothing to worry about?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Common problem. Theres a thread or two about hood alignment/fitment issues.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
there's little bumpers that are on the leading edge of the hood that screw in and out, try adjusting those

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okie dokie thanks guys :)

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
What's helped a lot for some people is removing the hood strut since it pushing up on the left side of the hood is part of the problem. But then there's the issue of propping up the hood when you need under it. But you did say you were all about looks.. :p

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
it's all because of that damn hood prop, they should have made one for both sides!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahah...yes i am all about looks ;) gotta look good right??? tee hee

ehhh i guess i could do that but you do have a point about propping that hood when needed...hmmmm in a pickle lol

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
You could always rock it ghetto with a stick in the trunk for when you need to work under the hood.

One of my summer mini-projects is gonna be figuring out how to mount two hood struts or maybe replace the single with one that only pushes up at a certain point (like a lot of hatch backs)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha okay that is what I am gonna do...go ghetto and totally have a stick handy lmao ;)

If this mini summer project works out let muah know!!!

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
I just got a carbon fiber hood and even with a low pressure prop it made the hood sit a little funny. I removed the bolts from the stock rod and bolted them to the hood and car locations. I keep the stock prop rod in the trunk and if I need it I just snap it on to the bolts that are still in the hood and attached to the car. It is simple to pop on and pops off with a small screwdriver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts