Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
your doing it you'reself
1,036 Posts
with a ****ing door, don't protect your finish? Where do you live? Venus? Is the atmosphere near your house made of sulfuric acid? Do you live inside a coal fired power plant? Do you walk around all day spraying CFC aerosol cans that you buy on the internet from 3rd world countries to melt your own personal hole in the ozone layer? :squint: maybe it's just the killer mutant dust in your garage that is vandalizing your car while you sleep, raping its paint and not cuddling afterwards that warrants obsessive waxing.

And, just for everyone's information, water based acrylic paint is far different from oil based enamel that they used to spray cars with, it's only shiny on the top, and anytime you rub something, it causes friction. Nothing is frictionless. If you overwax your car, it WILL EVENTUALLY WEAR THROUGH THE CLEARCOAT AND PAINT. On top of that, if you wax your car, and then wash it, it's not clean. Wax is sticky. All wax is sticky. Yes, even caranuba wax is sticky. Stuff will stick in the wax. Yes. It. Will. Have. Dirt. In. It. Logic would stand to reason, that having wax on your car, with dirt in it, then waxing over it, and buffing off the wax, will grind dirt into your clear coat and paint. Which is kind of the opposite of the goal here. So just clay bar your car right? Sure, except that you've still got wax on it, so you're just gonna be pushing dirty wax around too and still waxing over the dirt. There's no point in waxing your car every obsessively. It will not look better than my car being waxed every month or even longer if it's stored inside, and being washed and detailed. Wax your car every month if you like, I recommend "when you wash it and detail it and it's not completely glassy looking, then wax it". Or be obsessive and buy a hermetically sealed bunker with no windows and leadlined walls to block evil xrays from destroying your car. Don't forget the hepa filter, humidifier, HVAC system and backup generator and whatever you do, DON'T DRIVE IT, THE AIR EXPOSURE MIGHT COMPROMISE YOUR PAINT! OH MY GOD...
Is this too much to put in my SIG?

·
Registered
195 Posts
no garage for me. fuggit.

Yea i agree. I might wax my car once a year. or every 6 months. Other than that i dont even worry about the paint, just wash it and detail it every other weekend. lol

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Seriously. water and wind carved out the grand canyon, of course your car is going to look like **** faster if its outside.
PROTIP: Do not leave your car outside for millions of years. There will be nothing left.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Yeah but you spelled my name wrong. O, not zero.

Everyone does it. :rofl:

·
"Detailing Devil Dog"
1,269 Posts
The Junkman videos taught me covers are for immediately after washing only. Otherwise, you are grinding and trapping all the dirt and dust against the clear coat.. I would be hesitant to put a cover on after driving around without first during a thorough wash..

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
BINGO.

Parking outdoors will eventually cause parts of the car to fade, including the paint. There's not much you can do about that but to keep wax on the car and also dressing on your plastic pieces and trim.

·
I <3 cops.
1,143 Posts
Your car will be fine, the only way the sun or heat is going to effect your car in the near future is if there was some recall on the paint etc

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Your car will be fine, the only way the sun or heat is going to effect your car in the near future is if there was some recall on the paint etc
Put a sticker on your car and leave it there, parked outside, for a couple of years. When you take it off, most of the time the paint around the sticker will be a bit faded compared to what was under the sticker. Polishing can correct this a lot of the time though.

·
"Detailing Devil Dog"
1,269 Posts
Put a sticker on your car and leave it there, parked outside, for a couple of years. When you take it off, most of the time the paint around the sticker will be a bit faded compared to what was under the sticker. Polishing can correct this a lot of the time though.
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

Although if enough time passes, even polishing won't help.

·
"Detailing Devil Dog"
1,269 Posts
if ur worried about the paint fading just get urself a nice car cover at pep boys or something... lol
I wouldn't cover my dog house with any cover that came out of Pep Boys, or any other big box auto store for that matter. Talk about made in China crap... :eek:

21 - 40 of 55 Posts