Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don't have a garage either. I was thinking of getting a car cover. But the more I researched and thought about it, I most likely wouldn't use it that often as it looks like you would have to get one of those cables to lock it into place for high winds and so nobody steals it. Then you have to worry about it scratching the car if its a little dirty and the time it takes to put it on and take it off. So then I started researching car ports and the cheapest one I could find is about $600 and I'm not sure how good that would be if we get a high wind storm, ect. So I think I'll just continue to part it in the driveway next to my house. At least its under a tree and the birds are usually only bad in the spring and fall. I'll just have to spend a little more time keeping it clean and waxed than I did my lease since I plan on keeping it 5-6 years or so. I might end up getting a car cover for the winter at least and may look into a car port or garage in a year or two depending on finances.

·
My mistress is a GC!!
1,053 Posts
This is what happened when parked your car outside.
Let's hope you don't get this in CA.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

These pics were taken during the big hailed storm on 4/28 in metro St Louis, MO.

·
Cjond
7 Posts
I did notice that. I also noticed it was on the main forum page - are the rest of the conversations a few years old? I haven't dived into many of them.
I figure there's other people like myself who are just getting turned onto this site, so I see no issue with throwing in my two cents ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I like how this thread just got bumped so I could read it. This ****'s funny. Hahaha.

·
Registered
719 Posts
No, the '13+ year Genesis are impervious to oxidation, discoloration, weather damage, diarrhea, shingles and goiter.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
My Stealth was an outside car for about half of its life. Part of that life was spent in the Eastern Washington desert. I used a Technolon car cover with either a lock or bungee cords. I was absolutely religious about using it and keeping the car clean and waxed. When I traded it at over 170k miles eight years later the sales,am said it looked like a car with 40k miles on it. He used to date my wife so he was pretty easy to deal with...amicable break-up I guess. If you put some effort into protecting your car it will reward you.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts