Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
705 Posts
It's just the garbage dealerships we have here. Hence why I do all my own work on my cars. Those losers always seem to screw **** up. So much for precision and gallery having professional mechanics.

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
why is it always the dealers with horrible names that seem to screw with people?
Please elaborate as to why Crowfoot Hyundai is a horrible name. The dealership is located in an area of the city called Crowfoot, and Crowfoot is the name of a band of Natives that live(d) in the area. To me the name makes perfect sense. :dunno:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rallye Motors in Moncton New Brunswick is awful for service. At 13,600KM on the dot my engine light turned on and the RPM's went all over the place and the car would not go above 20km/h. I had to have the car towed on a saturday and I asked if they had a car I could drive to finish my errands for the day and they told me their customer vehicle was out and wouldn't be returned for three days. That was fine I understand they can't give a car to everyone who asks for one, they took my car in plugged it into the computer, whiped a code and sent me on my merry way. Now, at 23,600 on the dot AGAIN! the engine light turns on and the RPM's are all over the map and the car goes into limp mode again. This is at 8:30 at night the dealerships service closes at 9:00 P.M. I called them to tell them I am getting my car towed and it's very important they either fix it tonight or they give me a car to drive until it is fixed. The service guy told me they were closing up for the night and wouldn't be here by the time I got there but feel free to drop my keys off in the drop off box. He then continued to tell me they were booked pretty solid for the next day so they may not get a chance to look at it until the day after. I asked about the courtesy car, again it was out for the next few days (SURPRISE!!!!). I don't live with my parents anymore but thank god they work in the same city I live in I was able to borrow one of my mothers cars to go to and from work because where I am situated public transit isn't an option and taking a taxi from where I live to where I work would defeat the purpose because it would cost so damn much. They looked over my car said there was a computer update I point blank told them if this happens at 33,600 I will not be a happy guy and said I would take the car to Nova Scotia if need be to get it fixed since they can't get their **** together there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stay away from Crowfoot Hyandai!

I bought a vehicle from Crowfoot Hyandai. The vehicle was used and the tire pressure gauge was not working and faulty. The sales person instructed me to drive it for a few thousand KM and if the light did not go off than bring it back in. Well, the light never went off and a rear tire kept on going flat in cold weather. When I brought it in to get serviced they told me that I needed four new tires if I replaced the one tire. They refused to fix the flat tire on their dime because I drove on it for a few KM's. I ended up replacing two of the tires which I paid for and they refused to cover the one flat tire. When I picked up the vehicle everything was fine for few days until I got a flat tire again. So I brought it in and was told that the tire pressure gauge was faulty and this was the reason the tire was going flat and it was causing the tire pressure gauge to light up. When I brought it in again for service they told me that the cost would be picked up by either the extended warranty or they would pick it up. They called me and said that the General Manager decided that they would not pay for it nor would the warranty company because it was so long since I bought it. I went in to discuss the matter with the GM and learned that the GM was a complete schmuck!!! This is a very dishonest dealership, do sloppy work, and I will recommend that you stay clear from purchasing vehicles here and definitely do not get your vehicle serviced at Crowfoot Hyandai in Calgary.:mad2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
If your land rovers TPMS light was on when you bought it then I remember the situation quite clearly. I personally told you to bring the vehicle back at your earliest convenience. To which you agreed. 2 MONTHS later you bring your vehicle in after you drove 10,000 kms on an ongoing flat tire issue.... All that being said, you purchased an AFTERMARKET warranty which does not cover valvestems/TPMS. If this issue was dealt with within 30 days then our dealership would have personally paid for the TPMS. The average person gets a flat tire fixed within 2-3 days from the time they notice it being flat, not 2 months. I feel the need to comment like this because I feel I did everything possible to get this problem rectified for you and unfortunately I was unable to get the aftermarket warranty company to cover it. Thankyou for the potential slander of my service department. I truly hope you give us the opportunity to show you our level of service in the future as I would like to change your opinion of us.
I bought a vehicle from Crowfoot Hyandai. The vehicle was used and the tire pressure gauge was not working and faulty. The sales person instructed me to drive it for a few thousand KM and if the light did not go off than bring it back in. Well, the light never went off and a rear tire kept on going flat in cold weather. When I brought it in to get serviced they told me that I needed four new tires if I replaced the one tire. They refused to fix the flat tire on their dime because I drove on it for a few KM's. I ended up replacing two of the tires which I paid for and they refused to cover the one flat tire. When I picked up the vehicle everything was fine for few days until I got a flat tire again. So I brought it in and was told that the tire pressure gauge was faulty and this was the reason the tire was going flat and it was causing the tire pressure gauge to light up. When I brought it in again for service they told me that the cost would be picked up by either the extended warranty or they would pick it up. They called me and said that the General Manager decided that they would not pay for it nor would the warranty company because it was so long since I bought it. I went in to discuss the matter with the GM and learned that the GM was a complete schmuck!!! This is a very dishonest dealership, do sloppy work, and I will recommend that you stay clear from purchasing vehicles here and definitely do not get your vehicle serviced at Crowfoot Hyandai in Calgary.:mad2:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've done a lot of business through Hyundai Gallery and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Bought a few vehicles through their used department (my old 2005 F150 and my girlfriend's 2000 Echo) and everything was great. Had the Echo in for service a couple times and it was as painless as I could have imagined.

Then I recently bought a 2011 3.8 Genesis and I'm amazed at how accommodating they've been.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crowfoot Hyundai has a new service manager, Steve Minard, who really sucks at customer relations. First of all, they 'misunderstoond' the work to be done discussed over the phone, and when we wanted to talk to somebody, Steve came out with a pathetic apology and said there's nothing he would do about the situation.

We also talked to the Store manager, Barry, who is even worse and they seem to have no concern about "COMPLETE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION", which is clearly written on their invoice. Anyone going to Crowfoot Hyundai is just an arguement waiting to happen.

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
I've only dealt with them a few times since Steve took over. Huge disappointment! I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks now to hear back if they have authorization to fix a rust spot on my car that was caused by my tail light rubbing.

FYI the old service manager and the best service advisor from Crowfoot are both now at Varsity Chrysler.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Dont know why there is so much discussion over the name "Crowfoot" lol. Apparently, the owner of Crowfoot Hyundai is the same as that of Calgary Hyundai.

I personally bought my vehicle from Crowfoot because they were able to give me the best price. HOWEVER, they do little tricks to make you think you are getting a better deal than you actually are. Notice in your bill of sale/quote of a price breakdown that the "block heater" option has been whited out? That's because MRSP for the block heater should only be about $60, but they are free to put in their own number like $350 (on my bill of sale) and claim that they will just throw that in for free such that you are getting a good deal. BS!

Rant #2 about Crowfoot...after formally signing off on my vehicle I noticed a minor scratch that was not caused by me and asked if a touchup pen could be thrown in for free just for the minor imperfection and I'll fix it myself. Their answer: no, technically you signed off on the vehicle already so you are SOL. Good job guys, you just lost a return customer for future servicing over a $10 item. Dont get me wrong, there are some nice folks at Crowfoot, but if you're not willing to do something so little as throw in a free paint pen for a little mishap then that gives a hint about the level of service that can be expected there.

Dont even get me started on Calgary Hyundai. Brown dude I was dealing with was a total douche after you mention that you know what the invoice pricing is on the vehicle. Basically shoved a piece of paper to you saying that you can sign off on an offer, but if the manager approves...you are obligated to buy the vehicle. WTF!??? Manager and sales guy pretty much accused me of being a Car Cost Member and felt like I was being kicked out of the store.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dont even get me started on Calgary Hyundai. Brown dude I was dealing with was a total douche after you mention that you know what the invoice pricing is on the vehicle. Basically shoved a piece of paper to you saying that you can sign off on an offer, but if the manager approves...you are obligated to buy the vehicle. WTF!??? Manager and sales guy pretty much accused me of being a Car Cost Member and felt like I was being kicked out of the store.
Hahaha i got the same response, I called him an idiot and hung up the phone.... who the hell wants to deal with that? Jerk off.

·
Registered
289 Posts
^Wow, so Im not the only one.

I couldnt manage to even get the brown dude to tell me what my out the door cost would be on the Genesis Coupe without making an offer first. Why the **** would I be making a serious offer if you're not even going to disclose what all the hidden transport, vin etching and etc costs are??? When I asked to speak to the manager, the guy went to the back, came back 30 seconds later and told me "yup, that's what the manager says...you have to make an offer and sign off on it." This was probably a lie and I doubt he even requested the manager to come out. Hell, I think the only reason why the manager even bothered to come see me for pricing was because I was persistent and started to attract negative attention from the other customers.

Even speaking with the manager, it was pretty clear that the whole dealership is setup such that you are not welcome if there is an even moderate indication that you will be going around trying to get the best deal (aka...knowning what their invoice price is). This is understandable enough...but if that was the case, I would have appreciated to have been told just to leave rather than go through all that bullshit and waste my time.

What a cluster**** of a dealership. How the heck do you even manage to sell cars if that's the attitude you take to your customers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you brandon 1987 !!! I've met the old service advisor right on his last day before he said he was going to work in Chrysler, I've been searching the crowfoot chrysler but no luck. thanks again.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Called them today asking if they could put on the winter tires and rims I bought from THEM as part of my cars already booked service. Get a straight up "no" from the lady on the phone... No reasoning. Asked for the service manager... After some deep thought he said they would do it. Lets see if the story changes when it goes in...

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
| Boost Addict |
400 Posts
Wow sounds like you guys are getting really screwed down in Calgary, happy the dealerships up here in Edmonton are a little nicer and helping.

·
Registered
483 Posts
No kidding. Brought the car in at 830 for it's first service - an oil change - it's now 2 in the afternoon... still waiting.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
lol it was like a 20 minute oil change for me at Calgary Hyundai.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crowfoot hyundai has a new service manager who is pathetic to deal with. Seems like this person is worse then than steve. Complete moron, outright lies, does not stick to the words talked on phone. The old service manager before steve was pleasent to deal with...This is slowly becoming a stealership.. and will seriously start looking at other places to service my vehicle.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.