Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;
I have a problem on a passenger side window.
Its symtom: Normally when open the door,the glass window must move down a little after close the door ,the glass window must move up a little. For my case,when open the door,the glass window move down and then move up subdently.So, the door can't be closed because the glass windon will hit door weatherstrip,I have to touch a door switch in order to move the glass window down before close the door. Any advise please and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
It sounds like it might be a problem with the door open switch. This is a simple grounding switch. When you open your door - does the "Door open" LED on the gauge cluster illuminate? If not, the switch is your problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like it might be a problem with the door open switch. This is a simple grounding switch. When you open your door - does the "Door open" LED on the gauge cluster illuminate? If not, the switch is your problem.
hi hope you are fine, I have the same problem, what do you mean by door open switch? i searched through google it shows me the switch of trunk & fuel, please share more info would be grateful

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,882 Posts
There is a little switch under a rubber boot on the car body the door hits when closed. This tells the car the door is open or shut. If open it should light up the indicator on the dash. If it is open and the indicator is not lit then the switch is bad or the wiring. Easy to change the switch. Easy to see if it works with an ohm meter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a little switch under a rubber boot on the car body the door hits when closed. This tells the car the door is open or shut. If open it should light up the indicator on the dash. If it is open and the indicator is not lit then the switch is bad or the wiring. Easy to change the switch. Easy to see if it works with an ohm meter.
Great Thank You was very Helpful :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts