Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gencoupe!
I currently own a 2010 Genesis 2.0t with a CNT Racing Cat-Back exhaust. I love the deep sound of the exhaust but I would like it to be a little louder in some areas. I do not want to do a muffler or resonator delete because I do not want the drone or the ricer sound that may come with it. I was thinking about adding a TurboXS race pipe to give me the extra sound I want. My question is will adding a 3 inch down pipe and test pipe make my car louder? If so, which downpipe/test pipe combo will be the loudest. Also, what are the performance gains I may see with adding this mod to my existing cat back. Finally, will this throw a CEL and how much should I expect to have it installed. I appreciate all the feedback!

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,451 Posts
I have the full single exit TurboXS exhaust. Originally I had the primary cat and just the TurboXS mid pipe which bypassed the second cat. I now have the full straight through single exit with no cats at all.

I think taking the primary cat out made the biggest difference in noise.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The only way you're going to get a CEL on the BK1 is by removing your primary CAT with an O2 housing. If you remove the secondary CAT with a Test Pipe you will not throw a CEL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts