Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The damage is pretty severe in my opinion since I can clearly see the damage that the gravels on the highway did to my car. I don't even have to lean to see the damage. I see white spots on the front bumper and there are few that are visibly paved in by the stone. 1/4 mm deep at the most.

So I was wondering if Dr Color Chip would be able to fix the damage. It's not severe enough to take it to a car shop but severe enough that I see the metal surface. I've watched few videos and it seem to do the job. I don't expect to fill in the hole but at least cover it up without the repair paint being visibly noticeable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: they really work and leave no smudges when they are done. I don't have before shots but I can post after shots later on. I'm trying to fill in the gap as of now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This stuff really works well. I've used it on a couple of small chips on my hood and I cant even find them anymore even though I knew roughly where they were.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Pics won't really show anything because it pretty much fixes the chips. You can see a barely visible difference in paint height when looking in person but you have to know where you're looking to even see it.
I have read that this works better on dark colors but check out they're website and watch the videos.
Pm me with a email address if you really want to see pics but I doubt you'll be able to pick out where the fix was done.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Good heads up ,just ordered Dr. color chip.If it works like the vid all good

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the long period of silence, I've been busy preparing for my grad school. I will post the pic sometime today when I finish my school. However I do not have the pictures before the use of Dr colorchip. I'm sure you will be able to see how well it covered the chip due to the depth of the chip. This weekend i'm gonna do few layers to fill in the chip.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Got the pictures finally. They are much better in person and the poor weather here also made the hood dirty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts