Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it turns out the rear driveshaft coupler is cracked bad in a few spots on my 2010 3.8 coupe. So the atq kit install is on hold. Can someone tell me where is the best place to buy one? Is the back and front one the same part #? The front one is mint. I guess I need a " Dorman 935 108 ".

·
Dropping Knowledge
133 Posts
So it turns out the rear driveshaft coupler is cracked bad in a few spots on my 2010 3.8 coupe. So the atq kit install is on hold. Can someone tell me where is the best place to buy one? Is the back and front one the same part #? The front one is mint. I guess I need a " Dorman 935 108 ".
The best place? I know a guy named Albert Hwang on FB. He sends parts from Korea and they get there SUPER fast. Also with amazing prices.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...another genesis owner mentioned him also. Already received a price from him...$120 ,usd shipped.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,362 Posts
Here's where I got mine. Great price too.

SGF GAH04-005 - OEM German Made Flex Coupler - Bolt Circle 105mm/Bolt Hole 12mm/Bolt Hole Length 35mm

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYF4820/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red...did you share a video on the proper way to install the coupler? I watched it and found it a little confusing. What's the easiest way to mount it? So that the
" arrows " are pointed towards the transmission? Going to take a real close look on how the factory one is on there. Hopefully its the original.

·
Premium Member
14,904 Posts
Red...did you share a video on the proper way to install the coupler? I watched it and found it a little confusing. What's the easiest way to mount it? So that the
" arrows " are pointed towards the transmission? Going to take a real close look on how the factory one is on there. Hopefully its the original.
the couplers aren't direction, meaning there is no front and back.

remember the bolts for the drive shaft couplers are reverse threaded, righty-loosy; left-tighty

Just take a photo before replacing the coupler.

·
Registered
220 Posts
GAH04-005 is the part I ordered for my 3.8 bk1. Got it on ebay pretty sure but mayve it was amazon... was $70ish Have not installed it yet but wanted to get it so that I have it when I need it. Part is called a guibo IIRC. Last I checked hyundai does not sell this part as oem... they want you to buy the ENTIRE drive shaft/propeller assembly to replace this wearable part.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They do sell it for the bk1 separately. Here in Canada it was $514 + tx...freakin insane. I got the Hyundai oem part shipped from South Korea to my door in 3 days. Total....$165

1 - 13 of 13 Posts