Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,814 Posts
The picture on this one makes it look like you get a really cool looking clear one.

https://www.mechanicsurplus.com/products/142067670?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlNDo6PfV2wIVhVx-Ch0qWQpoEAYYASABEgI7sPD_BwE

But here is the link on amazon for the other one, for future reference so you don't have to pay $200 now at the dealer.

Amazon.com: SGF GAH04-005 - OEM German Made Flex Coupler - Bolt Circle 105mm/Bolt Hole 12mm/Bolt Hole Length 35mm: Automotive
You can't get one from the dealership. Hyundai, BMW, Mercedes, ect only offer a complete driveline, not just the couplers.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Alternative, last stop.....

After having custom cast my own enigne mounts, then experiementing with different Urethanes on my AT insulators I will do this when the time comes

Industrial Urethane castime compunds,..2 part.

All you need to do is remove the old oem. Make a casting mold of the part. Then you can go to town and experiment on the Durometer of the new casting depending on your driving needs.

The new part will last forever, unlike the oem rubber stuff.

Both shore A abd shore D are superior in yaw resistance, tensile strength, impact resistance etc. You must decide on hardness versus dampening.

The cost would be 25% of the above oem replacement.

Daily drivers would be a high rated shore A.

A guy like Shorttrack would defintely go shore D, and not realy give a **** about a little vibration transfer.
Even a high rated shore D will have better dampening than a solid aluminum disc. It would fail before the Urethane, also Urethane is superior to aluminium in shock resistance.

www.aeromarineproducts.com

·
Registered
644 Posts
After having custom cast my own enigne mounts, then experiementing with different Urethanes on my AT insulators I will do this when the time comes

Industrial Urethane castime compunds,..2 part.

All you need to do is remove the old oem. Make a casting mold of the part. Then you can go to town and experiment on the Durometer of the new casting depending on your driving needs.

The new part will last forever, unlike the oem rubber stuff.

Both shore A abd shore D are superior in yaw resistance, tensile strength, impact resistance etc. You must decide on hardness versus dampening.

The cost would be 25% of the above oem replacement.

Daily drivers would be a high rated shore A.

A guy like Shorttrack would defintely go shore D, and not realy give a **** about a little vibration transfer.
Even a high rated shore D will have better dampening than a solid aluminum disc. It would fail before the Urethane, also Urethane is superior to aluminium in shock resistance.

www.aeromarineproducts.com
Do these not have some sort of steel or kevlar based cord inside? If you look at the link I posted with the clear ish one, you can see more than just rubber or urethane in there.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Do these not have some sort of steel or kevlar based cord inside? If you look at the link I posted with the clear ish one, you can see more than just rubber or urethane in there.
If one needed to insert stainless sleeves, or a cross bracing that wouldnt be difficult. It would just take some dissection of the oem after making the casting mold.

They just look like bolt sleeves with washers just under the casting. It would require 10 grade or better hardware 12.9 if you can find it. From the looks of it your offering is a high rated shore A material I bet.
I'd use ARP stuff.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,267 Posts
I able to toke the front one off without dropping the drive shaft unlike the rear. Maybe get a picture of the OE one? I've got mt old old ones out in the junk pile.

But there are manufacturer identifying numbers on them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Better hurry if you want the Amazon ones. I ordered on 5/27 and there were 70 at the time. They are down to 13 now.
I ordered these couplers from amazon for $70 USD a piece and replaced them (results were spectacular). Amazon has a note from the seller (SGF / DriveShaftPro) that they can get more: "Usually takes 3-4 weeks for us to receive from Germany though. "

The coupler is also sold by PowerTrain Industries - About Us for same low price. Googling GAH04-005 helped find the best spot to buy.

As to my results - replacing these couplers fixed my considerable rear drivetrain vibration issue at 65-75mph. Had the issue since new in 2010, but could never get help from dealerships until I got fed up and found threads on the forum here with people confirming what works for some cases. My car drives like new now and I'm super happy I tried this.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
I have a Carbon Fiber DSS Drive shaft and 300m Axles now , also I must order other crap before summer hits (thank god my daughter graduates from Texas A&M 6 months early), .My friend gave me a ride in his fully built DSM all wheel drive E85 98 GSX Mitsubishi Eclipse ,FN fast car .I got work to do .I'll need a low 11 second ET to be able to PHUCK with him now .

201 - 219 of 219 Posts