Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Track, automatic with approximately 35K miles. I just starting experiencing intermittent malfunctioning of the driver's door keyless entry. When the button is pushed on either the door handle or fob it beeps and clicks as if it is receiving signal just intermittently does/doesn't open or lock the driver's door. I noticed the door lock switch on the inside driver's door move slightly as if it is trying to operate. I can lock/unlock the door manually outside with the key or inside by pushing the latch. The passenger side door operates normally. Both key fobs have new batteries installed correctly and car has a new battery. All other electronics in the car operate normally.

I did some preliminary research which came up with either the door handle replacement due to bad antenna in the handle, or door actuator. I was also thinking that the actuator might be lose or not making a constant connection.

Any ideas where I should troubleshoot?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Had same issue on my Tiburon, had to replace actuator.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: GenC35

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like actuator. I had something similar and they replaced the handle with proximity button. Mine was not clicking or anything though on drivers side. Fob and other door worked fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense to be the actuator when there is a signal beep from the door button. The actuator gets a lot of wear, especially the driver's door. Although I had a 1st gen Kia Sorento for 15 years that had electronic door locks (fob button only) and never had an issue with door locks. In fact, I never had an issue with any electrical component on that Kia. I'm sure Kia and Hyundai share parts to some degree. Maybe not so for the actuators or maybe a bad batch in later years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts