Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Not normal, and spacers are a little big.. Improper torquing on the spacers and wheel lugs is most likely why. Spacers increase the angle in which the wheel bearing sees movement. This is why i don't like them personally.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they are installed incorrectly could it be because the spacers are too big? I know guys on here running 20/25mm and they have no problems. Can someone dropped on spacers please chime in?? Mine were installed by a reputable wheel shop.

·
GEEZISS Coupe
477 Posts
I'm on 25mm all around. No issues.

You should check the torque on the spacers first and try again. It's usually a good idea to retorque spacers after a 100km drive

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I'll try that. I forgot to mention I'm dropped on eibach sportlines and I have stock 19 in wheels. Does that make a difference? Ill have the shop take a look at it. Vibration is not that bad but noticeable and annoying

·
derp.
481 Posts
happened to me on my 25/30, although they were hubcentric, they had a very small bit of play and that caused the slight vibrations

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are there any kind of spacers or size I could run that will not cause this? The car looks great with them on but don't feel safe speeding with them on lol. Even though after 70 vibration stops.. It's only slight, but still bothers me. I guess it's the price you pay for it to look nice.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Just retorque it like we said, don't worry too much. I just personally don't like the extra stress it puts on the wheel bearings. This of course is a hotly debated topic i DO NOT want to get in to lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just installed 20/25mm spacers on my GC yesterday. So far no vibrations of any sort. And I did some driving on highway at different speeds. All normal. Perhaps you should go back to the shop and ask them to double check it.

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
Alignment. I have 25mm all around slight vibrations 60-75. I've seen it too be a very common thing among spacers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, I'd be interested in what kind of spacers they are and how they were installed.

Granted this was on a different car, but when I ran good quality 25mm spacers (Eibach, H&R), torqued properly, there was no vibration.

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
OP are they hub and wheel centric?

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Not normal, and spacers are a little big.. Improper torquing on the spacers and wheel lugs is most likely why. Spacers increase the angle in which the wheel bearing sees movement. This is why i don't like them personally.
Spacers don't change the angle any more or less than wheels with a different offset...:dunno:

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I just installed 20/25mm spacers on my GC yesterday. So far no vibrations of any sort. And I did some driving on highway at different speeds. All normal. Perhaps you should go back to the shop and ask them to double check it.
I have 20/25 on mine, and no vibration.

·
future 14 2.0t rspec
1,374 Posts
Spacers don't change the angle any more or less than wheels with a different offset...:dunno:
exactly...i have been running 15mm spacers on my XD for years...no issues.

vibration is NEVER an ok thing. It is telling you that something is wrong. It either the spacer itself or the torque. the no vibration then vibration then stopping is having me think that its a balance issue with the spacer itself. They should very snug to the hub...there should be NO play in there.

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
exactly...i have been running 15mm spacers on my XD for years...no issues.

vibration is NEVER an ok thing. It is telling you that something is wrong. It either the spacer itself or the torque. the no vibration then vibration then stopping is having me think that its a balance issue with the spacer itself. They should very snug to the hub...there should be NO play in there.
I started to get vibration issues at around 120 kph (74 mph) after I got my 20/25 spacers. I brought it back to the shop and they said I should have my wheels balanced. Sure enough it solved the problem. No vibration before the spacers so my guess is that the spacers accentuated a slightly miss balanced wheel. :dunno:

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Yea no crap. The difference is they are less balanced over the hub, whereas on a wheel the wieght is distributed more evenly across the entire wheel.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts