Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I installed a btr tune and since then my forge bov starts dumping boost around 3k rpm. We upgraded the spring to yellow for the increased boost beforehand. We tried the blue but the bov didn't want to open so we switched back right away except for when I reached 3k rpm was still dumping boost as well. Does anyone have a clue as to what would be causing this?

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Where are you running the hose to?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Tee it off of the intake, right in front of the green and white check valve. The stock solenoid doesn't like the tune. The SFR tune remaps the BOV Solenoid, but I don't know about the BTR tune.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Here we go AGAIN

From another thread I've been pontificating about "throttle plate" setup. Your tune is causing a sgnificantly increased volume/intensity of boost in reation to oem. SO,...the oem setup i.e. solenoid is inadequate thus the leakage.
***Maybe "inadequate" is a bad description, more like,..inscisive, distinct, definative, is better.

There are plenty of guys on here with direct actuation from the IM or "throttle plate". If you have further question give BTR Chicago a tech call they can expound. This happening is not a bad thing, it just shows that your tune has exceeded the capacity of the solenoid to deal with the new parameters.

From somebody with your setup,...(Razzps-berry !)

Quote:
It could not be simpler. Take your existing hose to the BOV to the solenoid off. Plug the solenoid. Get a tee and insert into the line coming off the TB and going to the Black and White check valve, run new line to BOV and you are done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From another thread I've been pontificating about "throttle plate" setup. Your tune is causing a sgnificantly increased volume/intensity of boost in reation to oem. SO,...the oem setup i.e. solenoid is inadequate thus the leakage.
***Maybe "inadequate" is a bad description, more like,..inscisive, distinct, definative, is better.

There are plenty of guys on here with direct actuation from the IM or "throttle plate". If you have further question give BTR Chicago a tech call they can expound. This happening is not a bad thing, it just shows that your tune has exceeded the capacity of the solenoid to deal with the new parameters.

From somebody with your setup,...(Razzps-berry !)

Quote:
It could not be simpler. Take your existing hose to the BOV to the solenoid off. Plug the solenoid. Get a tee and insert into the line coming off the TB and going to the Black and White check valve, run new line to BOV and you are done.
Thank you, hopefully this will be what fixes it for me.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,453 Posts
Just be sure the vacuum tap and hose you use are big enough for the BOV. Match the hose size to the BOV nipple and then work backward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts