Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a lot of E85 pumps here, and I wanted to check with you guys what kit (amazon prefered) I can buy to convert it.
Second question, do I need to re-map the computer.
Third question, do I wait to re-map the computer if I am also going to buy magnaflow catback and a sport intake (of some brand

·
Advenio Pariter
4,033 Posts
I love your tag line. We have a lot of E85 here in the States. Wait for a response. I think you need bigger fuel injectors and an ECU tune at a minimum. Typically when you get a tune you should have your bolt-ons installed so the tune can be optimized for your setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So wait, you are telling me you guys already saved the earth?!
I need to tell the people that consider a normal warm-front to be proof of global warming.... a normal warm-front.

Bolt-ons are stuff like catback and intake right? I am not experienced and I don't do any mechanical work myself.
ECU should be engine control unit, I am with you.

Can you answer this? The previous owners changed spark plugs, and its only a 26,000 miles car. Is it possible that an E85 conversion was done already and where do I find clues for that?

·
Advenio Pariter
4,033 Posts
The factory ECU does not have E85 tuning. If the ECU was flashed with larger injectors that might be just fine. A number of cars in the US are setup to run E85 through the regular gasoline grades. They detect the fuel and adjust the map in the ECU. Bolt-ons are an intake and often an exhaust. I would hope the tuners on here could help you. I have always run a stock ECU. Probably out of morbid fear, but I have always been jealous of the tune performance. My Veloster N was so sorted from the factory I only have a few minor mods on it.

This morning it was cool driving into work so that must be proof of a coming ice age...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts