Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've got the intake, I've got the DP back exhaust...I'm looking into getting the PA tune - those three items should get me between 220-240WHP I imagine...What else could I get to give me the extra push that won't require modifying the engine too much (no FMIC's!)

I'd like to get a high-flow primary cat o2 housing but I read several posts about how replacing the o2 housing automatically makes Hyundai shun your vehicle during warranty requests. I'm trying to stay away from as much shunning as I can, granted the DP and Intake won't help, but I can still attempt to at least argue that...

Also, any of you guys pushing 250-260WHP, could you post all of your mods so people who want to get in this range could reference this!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Downpipe and Test pipe? Also, I put on the Injen Intercooler piping. and that has been nice. i did the IC piping and downpipe at the same time and that made quite a difference.

·
BioHazard Risk !
1,138 Posts
Easiest way ---Oxyde Nitrous
But not the better way :p

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Full bolt ons and a retune holding 16 psi to redline.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easiest..............way.....oy nevermind! hah.

Stage 2 is out considering I said no FMIC!

Curious if Injectors + Intake + DP back Exhaust (with tune) will put me at 250WHP or if FMIC is required to get these numbers?

·
Boostin Irresponsibly
839 Posts
FMIC isnt required, but youll see heat soak after one run...so it kinda is lol...but custom tuned CMD, stop running from it bro haha

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
pretty much what CrookedH said, full bolt ons and a tune

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
... dude I made 260-270whp (depending on who's dyno I was on) with Synapse Engineering Intake/BOV, grimspeed EBCS, magnaflow catback, and a PA canned flash (their 20lb hot tune) ... not too hard :D

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
So you need 10 more horsepower? Have you considered adding stickers?

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
guess I'll make it simple

3'' DP with high flow primary cat and seconday delete, HKS C/B, Ulitmate racing full I/C, RRM pulley, Grimmspeed intake spacer, APT wastegate actuator, AEM CAI, P/A custom tune, and probably some other things I can't think of.

250whp, 310tq on a Dynojet.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Trade it in for a 3.8

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
... dude I made 260-270whp (depending on who's dyno I was on) with Synapse Engineering Intake/BOV, grimspeed EBCS, magnaflow catback, and a PA canned flash (their 20lb hot tune) ... not too hard :D
Grimspeed EBCS? Could you educate me on what that is

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Trade it in for a 3.8
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trade it in for a 3.8
it was 5k more, I could easily drop 5k (not even) into my 2.0T engine and put out 350WHP with an evo 9 turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have heard rumor that a giant wing on the back will easily get you to 250 hp
and if you leave it primer grey the sky is the limit. :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
Grimspeed EBCS? Could you educate me on what that is
Grimmspeed electronic boost control solenoid. It replaces the OEM solenoid controlling the wastegate. It allows the little tiny OEM wastegate to operate more discreetly and effectively. If you're planning on staying with a stock turbo, get one of those, and the following -

- intake
- BOV (Synapse Engineering or HKS hold the best, the SE can run off the ECU)
- 02 Pipe/downpipe (removing cats on this car frees up MUCH horsepower)
- FMIC & pipes if you wanna go all out
- exhaust wont make that much difference but hey why not
- PA Flash

All that will get you at/over 250whp/310wtq on a totally stock turbo. My car was making 260whp/310wtq on stock turbo before it went under the knife for the Evo X turbo.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Grimmspeed electronic boost control solenoid. It replaces the OEM solenoid controlling the wastegate. It allows the little tiny OEM wastegate to operate more discreetly and effectively. If you're planning on staying with a stock turbo, get one of those, and the following -

- intake
- BOV (Synapse Engineering or HKS hold the best, the SE can run off the ECU)
- 02 Pipe/downpipe (removing cats on this car frees up MUCH horsepower)
- FMIC & pipes if you wanna go all out
- exhaust wont make that much difference but hey why not
- PA Flash

All that will get you at/over 250whp/310wtq on a totally stock turbo. My car was making 260whp/310wtq on stock turbo before it went under the knife for the Evo X turbo.
The GrimmSpeed EBC need some type of tunning? Or it is plug and play?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts