Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the Hid conversion kits from ebay are worth it. I am looking into buying The Hid kit from DD but im low on money and im getting kinda impatient :mad:. do you think i should just wait? or any other recommendations?

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
I was just wondering if the Hid conversion kits from ebay are worth it. I am looking into buying The Hid kit from DD but im low on money and im getting kinda impatient :mad:. do you think i should just wait? or any other recommendations?
I purchased a Xentec 35W 6k HID setup from a vendor that I had purchased from before. I will post pictures of it when I get home. I plan to install it this weekend once I paint my headlight bezels.

Original price was $35.47 w/ free shipping. I made an offer of $32.50 and won.

I guess I'll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet could you let me know how they hold up? cant wait to see them! im thinking about just taking a risk bc ive read a couple of bad reviews on them but that was about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xentec. i just ordered the 8000ks hahaa ill also let you know when i get my installed :D btw. did they have the h11bs? or did you just get the h11?

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
www.ddmtuning.com

BEST Hid kit on the market.
Lifetime warranty on the ballasts/bulb.
Fully digital, slim ballast. Relays built integral to the ballast harness.
I have the DDM 6k kit in my car and could not be happier. The light output is sooo much better compared to other similar 6k setups.

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
www.ddmtuning.com

BEST Hid kit on the market.
Lifetime warranty on the ballasts/bulb.
Fully digital, slim ballast. Relays built integral to the ballast harness.
I have the DDM 6k kit in my car and could not be happier. The light output is sooo much better compared to other similar 6k setups.
They went back to the fat ballasts.

·
Premium Member
15,356 Posts
Some of them are just H11 versions made to fit the H11b socket. It works, but might not meet the quality that you might expect.

You have been fore warned. :p

BTW H11b are only used on hyundais AFAIK

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use the Xentec brand or something like that on ebay. $38 and i have them on 4 of my family members cars and mine. They are great and just as good of quality as any other brand. I am buying another set right now for my fogs. I completely recommend them to everyone.

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
I use the Xentec brand or something like that on ebay. $38 and i have them on 4 of my family members cars and mine. They are great and just as good of quality as any other brand. I am buying another set right now for my fogs. I completely recommend them to everyone.
I hope you're getting 3k for your fogs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i feel a little better now. i just hope your right :D. i bought them so ill just have to wait and see.

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
I was gonna get 6000k to match my headlights. 3000K is too yellow for me. Why do you recommend 3000k?
Because that 6k in your fogs is gonna blind the hell outta everyone. Won't do much to help your visibility in actual fog either.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts