Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering buying a "nameless" intake from eBay, I know its just tubing so I figured an off brand may not hurt the car...any thoughts or reviews?

·
Registered
41 Posts
it wont necessarily be bad for the engine, however most ebay intakes are very low quality build-wise. i have bought an ebay intake, once, and i will never again. it was held together with some cheap glue, and with the high engine heat, the filter end came off due to the glue melting. do yourself a favor and buy a K&N brand filter. They are high quality, and you can clean them every so often so they last for a long time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yep, tubing is tubing. Less restriction and more flow will come with a larger diameter pipe versus the OEM corrugated plastic intake piping.

The only real thing to consider would be the filter itself. There are differences between filters, whether they are dry or oiled filters, branded or generic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yea the quality in the filter is definitely key when it comes down to an intake. I really like having a filter that you are able to clean as an option as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The old saying goes " you get what you pay for ". I have heard of a few people buying these cheap intakes...only to find out that the cheap air filters that come with the kits have been known to separate and cause dirt to get inside the engine. In this case I would spend the extra coin and go with a well known reputable brand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts