Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I saw the J2 catback exhaust and wanted to know of anyone's tried it yet and if there's been any fitment issues or and bad flaws found. Just seems on the cheaper side as for exhaust systems so just wanted any opinions thanks:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
it looks like its based off of the tsudo catback. could be a nice cheap alternative provided it isnt crap, but i think i would rather spend the extra benjamin to make sure i get top quality on an isis or tsudo or whatever.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Word of advice; don't ever buy exhausts, intakes, turbo kits, bov or any other no name or some random name you've never heard of from ebay. I learned that lesson many years ago.

Its better to wait and save up for something a little more reputable. If you've got money to buy a sports car you should have money to buy proper parts. You wouldn't buy a new video game console for $400 and play it on a $50 13" tube television

·
Registered
185 Posts
lol.... true story

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
I have had a J2 race pipe on my Gen for over 25,000 miles now. I was for a 2010 to 2012 and fit perfect. Not sure about their full exhaust but mine bolted to a Magnaflow Cat back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This j2 testpipe/downpipe doesn't look too bad but the price...$420??

J2 Engineering 2 0T Theta Turbo Stainless Steel 3" Exhaust Flex Piping Downpipe | eBay

looks a lot like other brands with better known names and much cheaper

Depo 3 inch Downpipe & test pipe 2010 - 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T : GC Tuner, Hyundai Genesis Coupe accessories and Upgrades

I am just saying you have to watch out for ebay parts, ive seen cheap bov fall apart, one dude his valve broke and got sucked into the engine, and one guy bought some off name exhaust for his car and the pipes didnt line up right. Ebay seller refused to take it back and had a disclaimer no refunds :/

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
This j2 testpipe/downpipe doesn't look too bad but the price...$420??

J2 Engineering 2 0T Theta Turbo Stainless Steel 3" Exhaust Flex Piping Downpipe | eBay

looks a lot like other brands with better known names and much cheaper

Depo 3 inch Downpipe & test pipe 2010 - 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T : GC Tuner, Hyundai Genesis Coupe accessories and Upgrades

I am just saying you have to watch out for ebay parts, ive seen cheap bov fall apart, one dude his valve broke and got sucked into the engine, and one guy bought some off name exhaust for his car and the pipes didnt line up right. Ebay seller refused to take it back and had a disclaimer no refunds :/

WOW! I paid 120 bucks for mine shipped on Ebay.. They must have caught on or something.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Check amazon, they might have it there as well. My buddy and I paid $120 as well..I think they jacked up the price when they realized people were buying them. Damn good quality for the price...Not the $420 obviously..lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts