1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Court Jester
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't have any experience with these however pre-painted anything can be hit or miss, the shop doing the work may not perform the best prep work so it might arrive looking great and look like crap 3 months later. Pre-painted goods also don't account for UV change, paint changes with exposure to light over time. Anything presprayed will have no way of matching this effect on your specific car. You might pay a hundred dollars more to find someone local to you but the results will be much better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are okay, I've gotten them for a couple of my rebuilt cars, one being a bk1 coupe. They aren't the greatest mold quality or paint job. But its nice that they paint it and ship it to you for cheap. If you do go with them get the premium package thing because they said they'll fold it??? if you get the economy package. Also we sent in paint samples from our old bumpers to let them paint match.

Depending on where you are, my dad and I found a good store out of NewYorkCity. The quality of the bumper mold and the paint looks good, and it was cheaper. The only downside is that its pick-up only. If you want I can get the store name.

Lol didn't see how old this post was

·
Court Jester
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are okay, I've gotten them for a couple of my rebuilt cars, one being a bk1 coupe. They aren't the greatest mold quality or paint job. But its nice that they paint it and ship it to you for cheap. If you do go with them get the premium package thing because they said they'll fold it??? if you get the economy package. Also we sent in paint samples from our old bumpers to let them paint match.

Depending on where you are, my dad and I found a good store out of NewYorkCity. The quality of the bumper mold and the paint looks good, and it was cheaper. The only downside is that its pick-up only. If you want I can get the store name.

Lol didn't see how old this post was
NKY is a little out of my way! lol

I think I'll pass.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,365 Posts
I got one a couple years ago. The red doesn't match what the 2010 paint code says. It's a bit more darker. And after a couple years the paint is coming off. Best to get a bare one and have a local shop paint it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts