1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Been there, but forgot it
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want better brakes pads and I have narrowed it down to these 2:
1) EBC Yellowstuff
2) Hawk HP Plus R

2016 3.8 R Spec. It's my DD and I'll do about 5 SCCA Track Night at America events per year (three 20 minute sessions, point-by passing only).

I would really like to hear from someone that has run both and has street and track experience. (I already went to Motul RBF 600 brake fluid.)

thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had Hawk HP Plus on my last car, they worked pretty good but they are noisy for a DD and brake dust was horrible. Have you looked into StopTech also?

·
2013 3.8 Track
381 Posts
I used EBC yellows, worked great for a few track days but I eventually overheated the fronts to the point I needed to replace them. Since then I changed the fronts to Ferodo DS2500, keeping EBC yellows in the rear. That setup is far superior, if you ever get any fade do a cool down lap and then they're good again (but it will be VERY rare). Good for HPDE track days (like TNIA) as well as daily driving. They squeak at low speed right out of the box, follow the bed-in instructions and they won't make a sound. Note the bed-in procedure for the Ferodos is a little different than for other pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts