Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted about my rear toe rod bolts being seized to a degree I have never seen. Using a torch, penetrating fluid, 50/50 ATF and acetone, a hammer, and an air hammer have all failed to knock the eccentric bolt out from the toe arm. My final solution is to chop the bolt off with my angle grinder. I am going to be replacing the stock rear toe arms with PBM adjustable toe arms.

Here is my question, since the sole purpose for eccentric bolts are to slightly pull the arm forward or back for slight toe adjustments, since the new arms themselves are adjustable on the actual arm, replacing the eccentric bolts with regular bolts should be ok because I don't need the adjustments from an eccentric bolt. I just wanted to double check my logic of replacing the eccentric bolt with a regular bolt for the aftermarket arms. Here is a picture of the seized bolt. I will find a washer that is the same diameter of the eccentric bolt head so that it fits in that notch like the stock bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have posted about my rear toe rod bolts being seized to a degree I have never seen. Using a torch, penetrating fluid, 50/50 ATF and acetone, a hammer, and an air hammer have all failed to knock the eccentric bolt out from the toe arm. My final solution is to chop the bolt off with my angle grinder. I am going to be replacing the stock rear toe arms with PBM adjustable toe arms.

Here is my question, since the sole purpose for eccentric bolts are to slightly pull the arm forward or back for slight toe adjustments, since the new arms themselves are adjustable on the actual arm, replacing the eccentric bolts with regular bolts should be ok because I don't need the adjustments from an eccentric bolt. I just wanted to double check my logic of replacing the eccentric bolt with a regular bolt for the aftermarket arms. Here is a picture of the seized bolt. I will find a washer that is the same diameter of the eccentric bolt head so that it fits in that notch like the stock bolt.
You can purchase the ISR eccentric lockout kit. It has the washer that keeps the bolt centered in between the notches. Never had a problem with the kit after I installed the adjustable ISR arms. Going to a hardware store and finding a washer that fits in between the notches is fine too if you wanna save a couple bucks. I run into plenty of seized cam bolts when doing alignments and my preferred tool of choice is a hacksaw or sawzall to cut them out. You’re gonna need at least 3 blades if you’re going to remove all 4 cam bolts. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can purchase the ISR eccentric lockout kit. It has the washer that keeps the bolt centered in between the notches. Never had a problem with the kit after I installed the adjustable ISR arms. Going to a hardware store and finding a washer that fits in between the notches is fine too if you wanna save a couple bucks. I run into plenty of seized cam bolts when doing alignments and my preferred tool of choice is a hacksaw or sawzall to cut them out. You’re gonna need at least 3 blades if you’re going to remove all 4 cam bolts. Hope this helps.

Thank you! That was very helpful. I was planning on using my angle grinder. I didn't know ISR made an a hardware kit. I'll check it out and decide what route I want to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts