Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to the tuner car world. I grew up in a hotroder garage so making adjustments is a bit easier to me, to a hotrod with little to no computer management at all. So I don't quite understand why everyone says with ecu tunes only work on manual transmition? Does it have something to do with shift points of the automatic?
I have a 12, 2.0t, auto, you have to work with what you have and that's what I have. I have done a k&n typhoon air intake, I have shortened the waste gate a little, and a forged bov. The list of things planned to the car is growing daily. But at some point I am going to have to tune the ecu, correct?

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,107 Posts
Who says that?! Tuning your car will be no different than the manual guys, just slightly less WHP due to the auto being less efficient. Lots of unfair hate in the tuning community against automatics, also it's the same transmission in the 5.0 sedan so it's good for at least 500hp, tune away...

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,107 Posts
You can post links for curiosity sake but they are wrong, especially as it concerns you and your Coupe, many many people have modified and tuned their auto Coupes, including turbo 3.8s.

·
Registered
486 Posts
2014 3.8 6AT here, has been tuned as NA with initial mods and has been dyno tuned with addition of TK.com turbo (both by BTR), no issues whatsoever. Have also has the TCU tuned but was not required with ECU tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts