Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's really only if your getting a harsh or delayed shift in the 8spd automatic. You have to actually be getting this for them to flash your car. Apparently its only a problem on some of the very early cars. I received mine in april of last year and I didn't need it, and mine was the second 13 my dealer received.

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Just bought mine today, and there were no new updates. I asked. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine last May. Think I need to call my dealer to find out, or is there a way I can check myself?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dealer checked the codes and nothing there, still revs up before shifting when going easy on the gas?
I've been getting the same thing. Haven't brought it in yet but the dealer thinks it might have to do with the adaptive learning of the transmission.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure about the learning curve of the auto tranny for a delayed shift, but the engine rev up before it shifts has me concerned that it is something else. Dealer said no codes were shown, what does a flash do as an earlier reply stated?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still getting an engine rev increase just before it shifts to the next gear, anybody else have this problem. Dealer says no codes shown to repair it. Hard shift also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still getting an engine rev increase just before it shifts to the next gear, anybody else have this problem. Dealer says no codes shown to repair it. Hard shift also.
I had this problem, took it in and they said they performed some sort of ECU update and an adaptive logic reset (I think, on the latter; definitely on the former), haven't had an issue since. Waiting on the service invoice (had to mail it, printers were down) to figure out exactly what update was performed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The answer is 3 days, just got it back from the dealer and with the TSB done and a reset of the adaptive logic, no more flareup of 500 rpms before a hard shift. Smooth shifts now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm having this exact issue with second to third gear shift every once in a while but my car build date was December of 2012 and I was told that the update doesn't apply to me. Additionally, I have called three dealers and they've said that there is no update available for my car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm having this exact issue with second to third gear shift every once in a while but my car build date was December of 2012 and I was told that the update doesn't apply to me. Additionally, I have called three dealers and they've said that there is no update available for my car.
Did you fix it bro?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts