Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are there any ECU options where we can buy a pre-tuned ECU without having to send in the stock one?

I know most offer a pre tuned ECU but as i am finding out the require you to send in the stock on for the immobilizer, so im assuming if you have an immobilizer you either send in stock ECU or have them tune the ECU while its still in the car on a tune day etc, correct?

i see the sonota has some options like poweraxel i think it was sends you the unit to flash the ecu yourself?

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
are there any ECU options where we can buy a pre-tuned ECU without having to send in the stock one?

I know most offer a pre tuned ECU but as i am finding out the require you to send in the stock on for the immobilizer, so im assuming if you have an immobilizer you either send in stock ECU or have them tune the ECU while its still in the car on a tune day etc, correct?

i see the sonota has some options like poweraxel i think it was sends you the unit to flash the ecu yourself?
Wow, I guess you didn't search at all. I will make is simple, SFR and BTR both have options and it costs up $800 bucks or even more depending on what you want.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
For the 13's there are no modules available.

[I stand corrected] PM a tuner.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I guess you didn't search at all. I will make is simple, SFR and BTR both have options and it costs up $800 bucks or even more depending on what you want.
i see you can read their websites, however when i contacted BTR:

No, you will need to send your ECU to our USA counterparts in Chicago, IL. They will then copy your immobilizer code to the new, tuned ECU and then ship both ECUs back to you. The price of the tune includes shipping back to you but you are responsible for shipping your ECU out to the States.

Thanks,

Sandra Liu
BTR Canada

btrcanada.com

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the 13's there are no modules available.

However I believe the canned tunes will lock to your immobilizer on install, PM a tuner.
so if i read this right, if i purchase a canned tune, from say BTR, when you first hook it up it will grab the immobilizer code the first time, then its locked to my car..correct?

ive been in contact with a couple of them on forums but neither have gave me a clear answer, can i buy the canned tune with a new ecu and plug it in and it works?

all i want to know is if i purchase an 800$ tuned ECU when it get it, will it work, the email above from BTR has me confused

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Try talking with Sam at the IL BTRcc.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill drop them an email and try and get a straight answer lol

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
:door:

yea, there's only like 80 other threads answering our tuning options on this 2013 section

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts

:gc-noob::gc-noob::gc-noob::gc-noob:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so posting a bunch of useless info or the usual "use search" under a thread is better than not reading the actual thread? instead of reading the title and posting something useless, read the thread then post useful or post nothing

but this can be closed i emailed btr direct for the answer just took them some time to get back to me, if you read the post above, youll see the info from Canada btr isn't shown on the Canada btr website regarding the ECU and shippin in the original, just conflicting info on 2 different sites with different answers found under...wait for it... the SEARCH.. funtion...:gc-noob::gc-noob:

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
so posting a bunch of useless info or the usual "use search" under a thread is better than not reading the actual thread? instead of reading the title and posting something useless, read the thread then post useful or post nothing

but this can be closed i emailed btr direct for the answer just took them some time to get back to me, if you read the post above, youll see the info from Canada btr isn't shown on the Canada btr website regarding the ECU and shippin in the original, just conflicting info on 2 different sites with different answers found under...wait for it... the SEARCH.. funtion...:gc-noob::gc-noob:

I do think your question was different then the typical ones and I jumped the gun with my answer. As you are doing contact them direct about the Canadian immbolizer.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I would strongly recommend using ANYONE but SFR and Jay. Don't know if it's attitude, intelligence or a language thing that gets it the way, but what a horrid experience dealing with him. Emailed specific questions about his tune in point form to see if he could sort out an ECU smog/tune issue. He would answer one of three short questions and rudely pushed back when I asked to the other answers, saying he already had. What?! Lost my ECU when I mailed it to him and lied saying the landlord had it, when the carrier showed he had signed for it. Finally got the ECU back and had to sort out how to sync it to my car on start up (no directions or explanation from him). The SFR tune cause my engine to make a horrible sound and and belch oily clouds of smoke. Let Jay know this and he wanted me to start the car and look for error codes (which there were not). Told him no way would I start my car with that tune and risk damage. Just wanted a refund and to be done with Jay. That's when he called me a "scammer" and said I was trying to cheat him out of the ECU tune and "one of those people who will never by satisfied". That's why I crown Jay and SFR "the kings of customer service". Eventually got my money back via PayPal. What a waste of time and a terrible experience. Did much better with Alphaspeed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts