Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there
Need some help before i buy the Eibach springs
First of all i was planning to buy the sportline kit , and i read lots of topic about the rubbing thing coz it will lower the car about 2"

My wheel set up is
245/30/20 front
275/30/20 rear
Offset is +35

i was using the H&R springs and it's uncomfortable at all, but the drop was nice, little gap but it's fine
Her is some pic

So Now I'm considering to buy the pro-kit , and before that , can any one install this kit in 20 inch rims , show my the picture of his car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
:D
423 Posts
sounds like you want comfort. but note* eibach pro kit springs have a very low spring rate close to stock especially in the front. the combination of soft springs with 20"s might rub. regardless, i don't see why you would want to go from aftermarket springs to different aftermarket springs. adjustable coilovers would be an appropriate upgrade. good looking car btw

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like you want comfort. but note* eibach pro kit springs have a very low spring rate close to stock especially in the front. the combination of soft springs with 20"s might rub. regardless, i don't see why you would want to go from aftermarket springs to different aftermarket springs. adjustable coilovers would be an appropriate upgrade. good looking car btw
Thanks for your help man :)
I was thinking about the pro kit coz i think 1" drop will be great looking + most of people recommended it

Or maybe the tein springs will be fine , i read before it's soft

The Coilovers will be great for sure but it's expensive for me right now

Thanks a lot

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
I've had both the Pro-Kit and the Sportlines.... Honestly, the Sportlines ride better and the drop looks a lot better. As long as your wheel/tire setup has the same overall diameter as OEM, you're not going to rub.

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
Forgot to show you a pic lol This is with Sportlines. I'll try to find a pic with the pro-kit...

*EDIT* This is my old GC with the Pro-Kit

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to show you a pic lol This is with Sportlines. I'll try to find a pic with the pro-kit...

Woow that's great thanks a lot for your help
Your car looks amazing with this rims :)

I think i have change my mind agine hahah
I will buy the sportline for sure it look great and the drop is what im searching for
Thanks a lot bro

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had both the Pro-Kit and the Sportlines.... Honestly, the Sportlines ride better and the drop looks a lot better. As long as your wheel/tire setup has the same overall diameter as OEM, you're not going to rub.
Great i will take the sportline its look nice in your car, but do you remember the product number , i found when i was searching product number #4.4442 for model 2009 to 2012 and I'm not sure if it will fit

·
Midnight Mechanic
56 Posts
WOW So I just ordered the Pro Kit but now after reading this I think I want the Sportlines too! Damnit! I really should have done more research on this, I may actually try to contact the seller on Ebay and see if he could actually take shipment back and ship me the Sportlines... Gahhh! So I have the R-Spec 2013 with Gran Premio Grey too and HOT DAMN these rims are the LAVA!!! How much did they run you for the set?

Is it really worth getting the Sportlines over the Pro-Kit?

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
WOW So I just ordered the Pro Kit but now after reading this I think I want the Sportlines too! Damnit! I really should have done more research on this, I may actually try to contact the seller on Ebay and see if he could actually take shipment back and ship me the Sportlines... Gahhh! So I have the R-Spec 2013 with Gran Premio Grey too and HOT DAMN these rims are the LAVA!!! How much did they run you for the set?

Is it really worth getting the Sportlines over the Pro-Kit?
Damn, I forgot how bad my old camera/pics were hahaha

Those are my old wheels... they were Incurve IC-S5 that I had powdercoated after the fact. Most vendors sell those wheels for $1,800 (I think), and the powdercoating cost me $400

I personally think the Sportlines are better. The drop compliments the car more and the ride is better (for some strange reason).

However, coilovers are always the better option, and I'm not riding on K Sport coils...

Sportlines:

Coilovers:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm interested in both kits as well... Is the ride height that big of a difference? I live in GA and there are several many speed bumps and hills to scrub on? any major issues with the sportline? Cause I'm very close to ordering them?

·
Registered
123 Posts

Tilley,

how are the sportlines holding up? Im looking to do some suspension mods but cant afford coils... was looking into the sportlines and the drop looks great... but Ive read stories of the OEM struts failing after some time..

In your opionion.. is it worth it? long term? Im planning on keeeping my gen for quite some time.

cheers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts