Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 coupe is having a weird issue where I would lose power and the car would die and I have to hit the ground a couple times for the car to come back on. I redid my ground wire and I’m still having the same issue, but now I have power to the car but the car will not start. There’s not even a sound when I hit the push button

I have the battery tested and it tested well, jumped the starter and the car was cranking but didn’t turn it over because of safety reason but the car still will not start.

The mechanic believes it the computer that's messing up?

I was looking to get some input on what y’all think it could be.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,622 Posts
I would swap the relay int he fuse box with another. If that does not help then pull the relay and you can jumper it and that should pull in the starter, make sure the car is in park or ebrake on.

If it then pulls in it's between the relay and the computer/battery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would swap the relay int he fuse box with another. If that does not help then pull the relay and you can jumper it and that should pull in the starter, make sure the car is in park or ebrake on.

If it then pulls in it's between the relay and the computer/battery.
Thank you I’ll try that

·
Premium Member
15,259 Posts
Also remove the battery, and trace where the ground wire bolts to the chassis. Unbolt it and clean the area and on the ground wire, with a wire brush, then put back together.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also remove the battery, and trace where the ground wire bolts to the chassis. Unbolt it and clean the area and on the ground wire, with a wire brush, then put back together.
Thank you for the advice! I’ll try that as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Use dialectic grease if you pull any wires like battery main ground or positive or negative supply to starter or alternator..dont just clean the connection a 2010 you plan to drive....remove the ground cable and replace it with a good new one with dielectric grease coating the ends. That eliminate the ground cable being the issue. Meter checks will read good ground even if all but one strand is broken in the cable. So dont trust old cables. If you feel like it replace the positive cable too. Then check the relay as suggested

1 - 6 of 6 Posts