Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get my coupes smog/registration done this morning and go a "not ready" result proably because I had to recently replace the battery. I plugged in my OBD and went for a 130 mile drive but its still showing no ready on the OBD. The dealer said it needs to be driven for several days through multiple heat cycles and in a varying dtiving conditions before the ECM will collect enough information to be in "ready" condition. Anyone else deal with this? Current tags are up Friday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did they say what Monitor was not ready? SHould say on your prinit out if you failed a smog test. If EGR MOnitor there is a thread on here that deals with it by attempting a Kia Borrego Drive cycle. Has worked for some.

ANd go ahead and pay your registration (mail in, wont let you do it online) and you will get a notice of incomplete registraion till you get he smog passed, but you wont incur any late charges if you pay them up front.

Oh you got a 13+ think the EGR things has been solved for those years it's the 09-10 that seemed to have the stubborn EGR monitor.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I attached my OBD moniter and it said, 02 sensor, catilist, and evap not ready. I got the 02 to go into ready state after 80 miles of 55 mph on the highway, stayed right, everybody still pissed off. Went yesterday to get a 15 day extention for 2 bucks and on the way home from work stuck in 45 mph traffic catilist went into ready condition, DMV smog lab said thats all it needs to see to test so i,ll try again monday should pass fine now, only took 2 days and 160 miles exactly of driving to get everything back to ready status,what a PITA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to hear, yea EVAP is the only one that does not need to be ready. Some smog techs don't like to do them if they are not all ready but demand they run it, it will pass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts