Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Genesis 2.0 A/T, and I'm looking to upgrade the turbo. Since I live in NC I have to pass emission testing, but I'd like to replace my o2 housing. I've been told that I won't pass as soon as I do so. I'm wondering if anyone else has to deal with that issue and if there's a way around it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What kind of emissions testing do they perform in your area? Because as long as its just a sniffer test and no visual inspection, you may be able to pass with a tune designated to do so. Or if theres no way around it...you may just want to make good friends with one of the local inspectors lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been told a few different things about it. Some people are saying that I can't change the o2 housing and pass. Others have told me I can put a spacer for my o2 sensors and not throw a code

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,444 Posts
If they plug it into the OBDII port and you have no cat it will show incomplete and you will fail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured that, but there are a lot of people in my area with an upgraded turbo, and they still daily theirs. So I'm not sure if they just kept the stock housing and got a custom tune or what

·
Premium Member
16,133 Posts
defoulers won't work... I've tried YEARS ago. With how they programmed the ECU it's sensitive.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
There is no way around it, here in NJ emissions test is every 2 years, with the stock manifold and the 16G all i had to do was swap the o2 howsing back to the stock one and run the stock Ecu for a few days, now with the EVO kit is a bit more complicated, i'll have to fabricate a cated o2 housing if i want to pass emissions since the stock one doesn't work on this turbo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2010 Genesis 2.0 A/T, and I'm looking to upgrade the turbo. Since I live in NC I have to pass emission testing, but I'd like to replace my o2 housing. I've been told that I won't pass as soon as I do so. I'm wondering if anyone else has to deal with that issue and if there's a way around it.
Hey im new to the gen coupe community i also live in NC did you find a way around this ???

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Nope, what i do is put all the stock emissions stuff back on and while all the performance stuff is out I inspect everything, rebuild the turbo, clean the injectors...it's every 2 years it's perfect, I did kept all the factory stuff and an extra ECU.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Raspberry
1 - 12 of 12 Posts