Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Recent Coupester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've my 2.0T manual base coupe for a week now. It's fantastic, although I'm driving like a wuss my first 600 miles (can't wait for 601!).

My major complaint with the vehicle thusfar is: (drum roll, please)

I have to reach way far back to grab the seatbelt to put it on.

Sorry, folks, that's it.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Reach back below your shoulder, not above your shoulder.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Lol. "Strap" your seatbelt down with the little magnetic strap on the bottom of the seat.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
who still wears seatbelts?

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Lol. "Strap" your seatbelt down with the little magnetic strap on the bottom of the seat.
^^this^^

It's amazing how few people know about that.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
lol, it's ok cause it's true :p

I'm surprised your magnet doesn't hold though, mine's never let go :dunno:

·
Recent Coupester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its not Hyundai's fault you have short arms. Sorry.
LOL!!!

Actually, I'm 6'3" with proportional arms. But admittedly, at 53, not as flexible and limber as I once was. I'm having to grab a good 6" behind my head.

Yes, I use my right arm and yes, I reach over my shoulder. No, wasn't aware of belt magnet, will check it out.

As for this brah being mad about it? Oh hell, no. If this is my biggest complaint, having lived behind the wheel since I got it (I may have to have the steering wheel surgically removed), then I feel I'm doing fantastic!

Maybe I'll just consider the belt grab to be a yoga exercise!

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
LOL!!!

Actually, I'm 6'3" with proportional arms. But admittedly, at 53, not as flexible and limber as I once was. I'm having to grab a good 6" behind my head.

Yes, I use my right arm and yes, I reach over my shoulder. No, wasn't aware of belt magnet, will check it out.

As for this brah being mad about it? Oh hell, no. If this is my biggest complaint, having lived behind the wheel since I got it (I may have to have the steering wheel surgically removed), then I feel I'm doing fantastic!

Maybe I'll just consider the belt grab to be a yoga exercise!
That's where you went wrong. Like I said, use your left arm and swing it backward UNDER your shoulder (meaning don't reach back pivoting upward, pivot arm downward).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts