Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to build my 2010 2.0 engine. I went to get it tuned today at a local dyno and they were going to charge me $600 and only getting 15 hp out of it. What is the best way to gaining hp ? I'd like to be around 350hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,816 Posts
Is this a joke?

350 wheel hp from an engine that that gets about 210hp at the crank?

That's about double the hp at the crank

new internals
intercooler and piping
turbo
manifold
injectors
ecu reflash
bov
wastegate (if turbo doesn't come with one, and turbos to make 350 whp usually don't)
exhaust
replacement timing chain
head studs
head gasket
bottom end fastener kit
upgraded radiator
clutch kit
ect....

·
Registered
302 Posts
you can make 350 on the 2010 coupes with stock internals with out a full build, but you will need injectors,FMIC, clutch and bigger turbo

·
Premium Member
14,816 Posts
you can make 350 on the 2010 coupes with stock internals with out a full build, but you will need injectors,FMIC, clutch and bigger turbo
how many are actually running 350 whp with a stock bottom end, as opposed how many aren't?

Even hyundai changed the internals on the 2013+

Anyways...
The cost of a used motor is about the same as rebuilding it with better internals.

cheaping out and risk blowing your motor and buying a used one later, or rebuilding it for the start. You choose.

·
Registered
302 Posts
how many are actually running 350 whp with a stock bottom end, as opposed how many aren't?

Even hyundai changed the internals on the 2013+

Anyways...
The cost of a used motor is about the same as rebuilding it with better internals.

cheaping out and risk blowing your motor and buying a used one later, or rebuilding it for the start. You choose.
lol i ran for over 2 years on stock internals before i did broke into the motor. i'm not telling them not to build the block but you can do 350 on a stock block and be good

·
n00b
283 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
SteveJohns29 used to have that power with stock internals but his build list now includes built engine components and more hp. It can be done but if you read his thread you will see where parts start to break down.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Lasted 3 years- 30k miles at 475whp on the stock bottom end before showing signs that it should be rebuilt.

Building just the bottom end cost me about 5k. Buying a used 2013 engine would have been much cheaper (also not as strong).

I'm still making the same power after having the bottom end rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Well, I am not going to argue but my $.02 are - I believe that most reliability depends on the tune. Of course, it also depends on the driver including his or her aggressiveness. I am the owner of TXS400 (one of the bolt on turbos TurboXS sells) and this turbo is capable of making 400 horses. From talking to @[email protected] and other guys at TurboXS - I can safely produce your wanted numbers on stock engine with full bolt ons. I don't even need to port/polish the manifolds which a lot of people do believing this would help. I will be ordering their can tune soon and once it's all together - I will let the dyno show the result. Also, I would suggest you be the judge of your own car - if you are not afraid of trying things out - I'd say do what you think is right. Luckily, our motors don't cost as much as S85B50, so if anything - look at it as an opportunity to buy a bk2 :)

·
Premium Member
14,816 Posts
Lasted 3 years- 30k miles at 475whp on the stock bottom end before showing signs that it should be rebuilt.

Building just the bottom end cost me about 5k. Buying a used 2013 engine would have been much cheaper (also not as strong).

I'm still making the same power after having the bottom end rebuilt.

rebuilding a block isn't hard. Balancing and weight matching conrods and pistons isn't hard either.

having someone else rebuild it for you is were things get expensive.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
rebuilding a block isn't hard. Balancing and weight matching conrods and pistons isn't hard either.

having someone else rebuild it for you is were things get expensive.
I had it professionally built by a local shop called PRL.

The machinist spent something like 4-5 hours just properly line boring it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this thread is old as hell and I didn't read it to the end, but I used to work for the Hyundai dealership owned by the CYCC Hyundai Canada racing team. They used to run upwards of around 500-600hp on stock bottom end. Those 2.0T's are EVO X engines. You can go so far with them. Just do it right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts