Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get a feel of what is the average oil temps for the Genesis Coupe 2.0T

I live in Florida and summer is here and temps go up to 95°F+ any day.
With the weather that hot I have seen my oil temp go as high as 213°F.
I changed the oil I used and now I'm using Moly Tech 5w40 w OEM filter and its good so far. Highest oil temps I seen with this oil is 205°F.
Running open hood vents seem to lower oils temps even more, by like +/-10°F.

What state are you guys from and what are the usual temps you guys see for the oil?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,940 Posts
The temp the oil is rated is 212F. Below this and you get fuel dilution from water and gas. I see around 210F max but wouldn't really get concerned until above 230F. When I tracked the car the oil would hit 300F by the end of the session with stock parts.

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know that is normal and that other cars run even hotter, I shouldn't worry so much. It drives me insane 🤣 seeing oil temps go above 200, I don't even let it pass 2700 rpm.
I wish someone made an upgraded radiator for the BK2 or good fitting oil cooler.

Red Raspberry you said that below that you get fuel dilution of water and gas. Could you expand a little on that?
I get around 29.8mpg and only use shell 93 octane.

·
Registered
413 Posts
BK1 runs hotter than BK2. BK2 is stable up to 240 degrees in hot summer with AC on. I would get a oil cooler if you track the car. Otherwise in the winter the car won't reach that 175 degree mark to get full power

1 - 8 of 8 Posts