Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Under low throttle regardless of engine RPM I sometimes get a pulsing and bucking from the motor. When I put my foot down it goes away and during hard acceleration its fine. My car is a '10 with only a CPE intake and an SFR 1.0 tune. This was occurring prior to the tune but it is more prevalent now.

·
Premium Member
15,158 Posts
Under low throttle regardless of engine RPM I sometimes get a pulsing and bucking from the motor. When I put my foot down it goes away and during hard acceleration its fine. My car is a '10 with only a CPE intake and an SFR 1.0 tune. This was occurring prior to the tune but it is my prevalent now.
Check your spark plugs and coils.

I had a similar thing happen to me a while ago. In my case, one of the coil boot that goes over the spark plug was torn, and arcing through the tear.
Since it's made of silicone, it couldn't be seen unless I pinched/flexed the coil boot.

I ended up buying a complete coil boot replacement kit from NAPA for all 4 coils since they were so cheap. Only needed 1.

EDIT: if you are in a pinch, you can try wrapping the boot with some electrical tape, just as a temp fix

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was about to say the same thing.
Change your plugs and check the coils. Also make sure your using 93 octane no 87 octane on a tune!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am having a similar issue. Any idea what solved it?
I recently had a similar issues swapped out my throttle body the tps sensor went bad and the issue completely went away. I was getting weird power surges during normal cruising and then from a stop it would do a weird Lite bucking until I go to speed

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replaced the whole throttle body today and the rpm still bounces slightly (150-200 rpm) at 1500 rpm or at 30-35 mph

·
Premium Member
15,158 Posts
check the connector for the crank sensor.
It's the wire coming off the bell housing.
Follow it to where the connector is behind the intake manifold.

unplug connector and blow it out with compressed air on both sides, to blow out any water/dirt that might be there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts