Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

601 - 609 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Bama,

You are right on the money regarding the Kali regs. The only real option I think would be an e-rod style motor, and those drop in motor tranny packages are going to run me 17-20k for a new bullet alone. I don't have that kind of scratch. I've prolly got 10-12 I can blo.

So I'm really struggling finding a shop here that does turbo conversions, and I also worry/wonder if my 8 speed auto can handle a turbo load.

Thanks for your input pardner.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just read the entire thread and I must say it makes me want to do the same exact thing to my car. How come there isn't a ton of videos up by now Enjuku?? With this thread and youtube I can find a few crappy clips here and there but nothing enjoyable that really show cases the supercharger sound or speedo or anything cool lol.. I'm starting to really debate on whether I can sell my engine, tranny (3.8L V6 pristine condition with 36k miles), ark grip exhaust, downpipes, intake, etc etc..... and then throw in the necessary funds on top of that to get this swap done...Seems like the whole LS swap into the Genny really is far and few beyond at this point - which im guessing is a result of everything else around this forum... People want want want but never have the actual funds to buy.

·
hai-yoon-die
40 Posts
I am very interested in this, got an LS1 and T56 out of a 2000 camaro in the bay at the shop. I was looking at your website, do you offer any sort of package other than the mounts? This would greatly decrease the headache of ls1 swaps if you did.

How comprehensive are the instructions,if any?
Is there any guidance for the install such as what translator modules to use for the gauge cluster?

·
Swim away fishes.
1,018 Posts
Thanks Bama,

You are right on the money regarding the Kali regs. The only real option I think would be an e-rod style motor, and those drop in motor tranny packages are going to run me 17-20k for a new bullet alone. I don't have that kind of scratch. I've prolly got 10-12 I can blo.

So I'm really struggling finding a shop here that does turbo conversions, and I also worry/wonder if my 8 speed auto can handle a turbo load.

Thanks for your input pardner.
E-rod is not carb approved for obd-ii, so we would pay the high price tag and still not be CA legal.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am very interested in this, got an LS1 and T56 out of a 2000 camaro in the bay at the shop. I was looking at your website, do you offer any sort of package other than the mounts? This would greatly decrease the headache of ls1 swaps if you did.

How comprehensive are the instructions,if any?
Is there any guidance for the install such as what translator modules to use for the gauge cluster?
We don't have any specific packaged deals listed for the swap aside from the mount kit with the driveshaft, shifter, oilpan setup, ect. If there is something you need for the swap or LS in general, we most likely have it or can get it fairly easily as we deal a lot with the LS series motors. I just sent you a PM with our contact info. If you need more information regarding the swap or if there are parts that you need for your project, please feel free to contact us at any time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Really?! You "sub" to a thread that hasn't been posted to in 2 years? Lol

601 - 609 of 609 Posts