Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ken, awesome to see the Wilwood's come together. I know a cool guy at Wilwood, this is Miguel by the way lol.

Can't wait to see the finished product

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
thats awesome ima have a Wilwood BBK too come december time frame! :D :gc-drool1:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
My cousin is doing an ls1 swap for is s14 and was telling me to do this I'm like ur crazy its a new car but after seeing this sometime down the road i may just have to

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
BBoost Me Baby
713 Posts
DAmm this is coming out real good, keep up the good work guys.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome!

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
lol i want to see this on the track

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is absolutely AMAZING!!! Too bad this is NOT street legal in the State of California...Cali sux again when it comes to motor swaps...especially motor swapping from different manufacturers. But this'd be awesome for whomever's got the dough for a sleeper at the track! ^_^

·
Registered
260 Posts
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,056 Posts
This is absolutely AMAZING!!! Too bad this is NOT street legal in the State of California...Cali sux again when it comes to motor swaps...especially motor swapping from different manufacturers. But this'd be awesome for whomever's got the dough for a sleeper at the track! ^_^
You can do this in Cali. There are rules that make it pricey, though. In particular, the engine and emmissions controls(all of them) must come from a road legal car the same year or newer than the chassis you're swapping in to. I.E. we need an ls3, Ls7, or Ls9 motor And full exhaust And obd2 setup. fun times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, stumbled onto this thread today, after thinking of whether anyone has done an LS swap on a GC yet. I assume you guys are using a T56? I'm not familiar with the build that you pulled the LS1 from.

Did you try any off-the-shelf headers, or were you pretty much stuck with fabbing your own?

If this kit becomes viable, then I might just jump onto a current-gen GC. Otherwise, I think I'll see what next year's model has in store, transmission-wise.

Subbing for more updates. =D

·
Registered
825 Posts
Figured I would post some pics of the engine and more progress!

Things we checked off end of last week
Headers
Full Exhaust system. Using the ISIS Race rear section!
Fuel System, Rails, lines, etc
Power Steering system
Oil Filter Relocation
New Valve Covers
Throttle Cable Mounting
Custom DriveShaft installed

Todays Task:
Figure out Radiator Solution. The 2.0 rad is a little small for the LS1. I think we will be going with one of the ISIS Nissan Radiators and building tabs. This should be done today.

Don't forget to check out Enjuku Racing - Performance Parts and High Quality Fabrication for all your Genesis Needs!!

thanks
Ken

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wow, stumbled onto this thread today, after thinking of whether anyone has done an LS swap on a GC yet. I assume you guys are using a T56? I'm not familiar with the build that you pulled the LS1 from.

Did you try any off-the-shelf headers, or were you pretty much stuck with fabbing your own?

If this kit becomes viable, then I might just jump onto a current-gen GC. Otherwise, I think I'll see what next year's model has in store, transmission-wise.

Subbing for more updates. =D

Yes, we are running the T56 Transmission. We looked at a few different easy solutions for the headers, but nothing we tried worked with the Genesis steering shaft and the location of the subframe.

When we finish, we hope to have a complete kit with everything needed and then people and buy the parts they want, if they want to go other routes.

Thanks
Ken

161 - 180 of 609 Posts