Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Enjuku Racing - LS1 Conversion (SEMA BUILD)

174K views 608 replies 145 participants last post by  VicHGenCoupe 
#1 · (Edited)
#439 ·
-Custom 1 piece driveshaft that gets rid of the rubber pucks

-Engine/transmission mounts (or even just tranny mounts, since CP-e makes the engine ones)

Just a couple things off the top of my head ;)

#450 ·
^Well when I get the cash I'll be sending mine to you guys, and since I'll have a DD by then you could do what you want with it as long as I get my LS1 swap haha. And if you wanted to do some R&D on it while it was there and maybe throw me some free things I'd be totally fine with that haha.

#451 ·
I'm really excited to see this all coming together. Are you guys gonna make a write up about what the conversion kit includes and what is needed that isn't included once you have everything done? Glad to see a company sticking to their word and getting results like you guys have!

Yeah, a 2JZ swap would be freakin badass. Don't know which one I'd be more interested in doing.

#460 ·
Im a bit confused as to why were even discussing using the stock tranny as a possibility. Theres no current way to mate the GC 6speed to an LS1, and buying parts to make it work would be pretty dumb considering t56s are cheap and plentiful...

#461 ·
Yes I understand that now I thought he was going to try to use it. All I was clearing up that the auto trans is good for well over 300hp

#463 ·
The basic Swap kit is going to be 2699$.

Basic swap package includes:
Engine Mounts
Transmission Mount
Driveshaft w/Adapter Plate
Shifter Relocation
Hurst Shifter
Oil pan, Dip stick, Relocation kit with filter.

Chase Engine Harness - 650$

There will be options for shorty headers or long tubes.
Shorty header will be 350~$
Long tubes will be 800~$.

After that you can get the Following
Radiator - 200$
Fan kit - 130$
Rad Hoses - 85$
Coolant Tank - 90$
Clutch Master PLate - 150$
Clutch Master - 85$
Clutch Lines - 70$
Fuel Pump - 150$
Fuel Lines and Fittings - 200$
Fuel Pressure Regulator - 150$
Power steering lines and fittings - 200$
Clutch - 400$
Flywheel - 380$
Throttle Pedal - 170$
Throttle Pedal Bracket - 150$
Throttle Cable - 65$

So if you wanted EVERYTHING, you'd be looking at 7700$

An ls1 motor swap will run about 3500$

Labor is about 3500$

The first TWO kits purchased will get FREE SHIPPING.

And the first car brought into the shop to get the full kit installed will get HALF off LABOR!

#464 ·
Interesting to see the pricing on this. Puts it a bit more in perspective. Still also have the price of the motor and transmission on top, and with labor your looking at close to 15k if they get all your add on goodies. Some of the people just say "throw an LS in it" as if its going to be a cheap alternative.

Hope someone local gets this setup though, I'd love to see it in person.

#465 ·
We have a customer in Texas who has a kit on the way to him. I'm sure he'll start a build thread soon!

But Its not something you can call "cheap". But if you hydrolock your motor, or anything along those lines and you don't feel like going back, pull some credit and build a monster! haha.

Here is a photo of the mounts

#467 ·
Yea, there are definitely things in the kit and parts needed, that if you have some fab ability you could do yourself.

The customer in TX is working with a used GTO Front Sump oil pan and modifying it to clear the cross member. The oil pan in the kits is one of the more expensive parts at about $800.

Guys do LS swaps all day long in the 240sx and spend about 1-2K less than this, after its all said and done. The big difference between this kit and some of the other chassis kits is that shifter relocation. That is a costly part also.

We test fitted some modified Shorty headers and they work and will save a lot on the cost of headers.

Ken

#470 · (Edited)
Are you guys looking at adapting the gm dbw pedal for newer motors?
If I ever do this swap, I'll need to bring over all the smog stuff which will include this.

And for the total price, if you take into account the money you can get for the stock motor and trans, this just may be the cheapest way to get a reliable 400+ whp.

Sent from my Nexus One using AutoGuide App

#474 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.