Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

321 - 334 of 334 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
I'm sorry. I read all this but I'm still have this question. Calipers from which model of Equus/Genesis Sedan will fit?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
All of them, but there are 3 sizes of rotors and the arm length on the caliper changes the rotor size so you have to know what it came off of.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Do all of them clear 18inch oem wheels? with spacer of course

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,287 Posts
Was anyone able to fit some 17" inch wheels over those?

I would like to get a little softer ride in the city ...
If they won't clear 18's you don't have a hope in hell of clearing 17's

Some 17's clear the brembos but I believe equus calipers are minimum of 18's.

Duro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Equus calipers have issues with STOCK 18" wheels, i run them with 2 sets of cheap aftermarket 18" (8" width, offset 30 front and back) without issue and there seems to be more then 1cm of space between caliper and rim.

I know there are some other cars with 345mm diameter (saab, porsche and even some from audi/vw even some aftermarket bbks) rotors that fit 17", but i don't know about overall brakes size with caliper, so it is quite useless info.

And it still seems that one tie rod is requiring more clearance then calipers itself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried to measure distance between caliper and Dezent TE rim using Vernier caliper (i guess, my English is not that great), and it is at least 1cm, i can't get exact measurement because i can't really fit the tool inside the wheel and the wheels itself does have round inside corner where the caliper is. But i guess that some better wheels could fit.

Unfortunately i can't find any mustang wheels locally :(

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just did this project on my base coupe over the last month, huge difference in stopping power. Highly recommended.

I got the Equus calipers for a steal, paid $100 for both fronts. I stripped them down, re-painted and good as new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hate to revive an old thread, but what rotors are you guys using with these brakes? I have a 2013 Genesis coupe that came with stock brakes. The new calipers I installed are off a 2009- 2014 genesis sedan. I haven’t been able to find the proper rotors yet. Thank you in advance!

321 - 334 of 334 Posts