Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not noticed it discussed here yet, but Motor Trend posted a followup to their 2010 comparo of the Mustang, Camaro, Dodge, and GC 6 cyls where our GC was the over-the-top winner. I just found their 2011 followup in which they give the nod to the 'Stang because of "curb appeal" while they gave the GC higher marks in almost each of the non-subjective categories :dunno: . If you haven't seen it, here's the link:

Motor Trend takes it back

I'll just say that when I'm parked next to a 'new Mustang, no one even notices it while ogling my IY GC :rofl:.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I remember correctly, this was a comparison of the automatic versions of each model and specifically for DD. They gave a slight advantage to the Mustang because of the less stiffness (i.e., it absorbed pot holes better) and curb appeal, not based on entirely on performance.

I don't have a problem with that. I didn't buy a GC to have a "comfortable" ride. I want a car that provides me feedback. I explain driving my GC as coming out of a 20-year drug haze. You actually have to drive the car, though my wife sometimes complains when she's trying to put on makeup that I intentionally find every pothole to drive over (track suspension FTW). :)

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
motortrend said:
But it's the engine's sonorous howl and the chassis' nimbleness and control that push this coupe to a higher level of driving enthusiasm. Are you a purist? Stop reading now and go to a Hyundai dealer.
They aren't hating, they just have different priorities from us.

·
Registered
105 Posts
On the end it's just Ford.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I don't thing MT was hating on the Gen Coupe. They're trying to produce an unbiased opinion. If the car you own or brand you support doesn't finish first, then you'll disagree with the results. Just the nature of the beast. We know this car is worthy because we bought it, I don't need anyone else to make me feel better about my car. Besides, what Ford is finally doing with the Mustang has been long overdue. Ford cars have languished in mediocrity for a long time, people are just starting to notice that they don't suck as much anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts