Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was talkin to my friend that is a mechanic, and he was telling me that an Evo head could go on our block since its a platform or an engine similar to the Evo's. Is this possible? He said that there are adapter plates that go on to the block. What do you guys think???

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Nope

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
The blocks are not the same so the head won't be a direct swap.

·
Registered
388 Posts
They come from the same family, but they are not the same. Also IIRC the Hyundai head is actually pretty good.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Also IIRC the Hyundai head is actually pretty good.
Debatable... Most of the time an Evo will make as much AWHP as a GC will make RWHP with the same setup. In comparison to some heads it may flow well but apparently compared to an Evo X head it does not flow as well.

But, the flip side to that is, from looking at dynos of similar mods evo/gc the GC does seem to spool turbos up quicker so it may just be a difference in cams...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Debatable... Most of the time an Evo will make as much AWHP as a GC will make RWHP with the same setup. In comparison to some heads it may flow well but apparently compared to an Evo X head it does not flow as well.

But, the flip side to that is, from looking at dynos of similar mods evo/gc the GC does seem to spool turbos up quicker so it may just be a difference in cams...
I just remembered Pavel saying it is good from this thread:
http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discussion-2008-2012/85327-hyundai-genesis-coupe-engine-build.html

Though that is the older head, not sure if any real changes to the 2013 head.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
It seems he's touching more on the tech/hardware in the head as opposed to how well it flows. But at the end of the day Pavel knows about 1000000x's more than I do, so I'd lean towards what he says...

My thoughts on flow are based on Evo IX and X making close to 400awhp with stock 16G turbos where as no GC has made more than about 360whp using an Evo 9/X 16G.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts