Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FIEBRU MEMBER
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My injectors were flow tested and cleaned by BadboyBill.

If you want to know how much the injectors flow per minute multiply the number by 60.
That will give you almost 680 cc/min @ 55psi.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Glad your happy with the results.

For anyone looking at the results please understand that you will need to take
the results and multiply them by 6 in case of the 10second results

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
Yes the EVO X injectors can be had for around $65-$85 bucks for all 4 injectors
But they aren't exactly a direct fit right? I read before that there was little modification needed to make them fit.

·
FIEBRU MEMBER
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In our cars is 680cc/min. I know there is a couple of people running them but I haven't seen a COMPLETE DIY.

I think whatnot are running them.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
They plug right in. No changes required.
Oh seriously? That's really good. I read one person saying they had to modify it, but that was a while back. I hope it really is just plug n play.

·
old guy
767 Posts
Oh seriously? That's really good. I read one person saying they had to modify it, but that was a while back. I hope it really is just plug n play.
I am running them. They take 5 min to install . Then you need some way to rescale/tune. I used AEM f/ic.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
That was probably me. It was m first time touching an injector so I wasn't 100% sure on what I was doing. They do work with no modifications, but safery kind of being a HUGE issue with fuel and your car burning down, I just put zip ties on the clips to double insure they won't fall out of the rail.

They probaly would be fine with no modifications. You could also probably drive a car with 4/5 lugs on each wheel.... but would you really want to? Where there is no warranty or guaranteed safety or probably even insurance backing for mods caused issues, I would rather be safe than sorry. I also have hood pins in my CF hood and there are probably 10+ people with no issues with the same hood and no pins. I prefer to go that extra mile for safey (even though it takes a whole 5 mins extra and $1 extra lol.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
The EVO X injectors are direct replacement, i haven't actually put them in the
car but the electrical connection is the same and from o-ring to o-ring they are
the same size, i do not know if the factory injector metal clips will work or not
but i will know this, this coming weekend when i install smokes and tune his car.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
That was probably me. It was m first time touching an injector so I wasn't 100% sure on what I was doing. They do work with no modifications, but safery kind of being a HUGE issue with fuel and your car burning down, I just put zip ties on the clips to double insure they won't fall out of the rail.

They probaly would be fine with no modifications. You could also probably drive a car with 4/5 lugs on each wheel.... but would you really want to? Where there is no warranty or guaranteed safety or probably even insurance backing for mods caused issues, I would rather be safe than sorry. I also have hood pins in my CF hood and there are probably 10+ people with no issues with the same hood and no pins. I prefer to go that extra mile for safey (even though it takes a whole 5 mins extra and $1 extra lol.
Oh alright haha it might have been. Either way, it's better to be safe than sorry. That's a good idea especially cause it's not made for our car and has not been tested for long periods of time yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The EVO X injectors are direct replacement, i haven't actually put them in the
car but the electrical connection is the same and from o-ring to o-ring they are
the same size, i do not know if the factory injector metal clips will work or not
but i will know this, this coming weekend when i install smokes and tune his car.
If they are that makes for a cheaper injector mod :)

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
so we can run this injectors with your stage 2 tune?
Yes, indeed! The Evo X injector is a cost effective alternative to the aftermarket options. We recommend they be cleaned and flow tested before use, for peace of mind...

PM BadBoyBill for cleaning/flow testing services, or if you want a new set of Bosch drop in injectors.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts