Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there cheaper than the 550 can i use them i heard they flow the same as the 550?

Im looking to run them with turbo xs TBE and BR 93 tune.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
EVO X injectors flow more than the DW 550cc(if the DW's flow exactly 550cc)
the EVO X injectors will flow about 680cc/min in our cars

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you cant use the BR tune with evo injectors. (unless they have a tune specifically for evo injectors)

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
The DW 550's injectors are roughly 640cc in our cars. They're 550cc @ 43.5 psi.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
EVO X injectors flow more than the DW 550cc(if the DW's flow exactly 550cc)
the EVO X injectors will flow about 680cc/min in our cars
^^Hey Bill didn't you go through with the injector testing for the common sizes and brand for the GC?

The DW550's, like CH noted, are rated 550cc @ 43.5 PSI...

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Id like to know the answer to that
You could but as i have stated before, but the best thing to do would be send
your EVO X injectors to [email protected] and have him throw them in their car and tune
specifically for them, it would cost you a bit more but you would be best off that
way.

You would run pretty rich if you did the BR custom tune for the DW550's

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you cant use the BR tune with evo injectors. (unless they have a tune specifically for evo injectors)
IDK about BR but arvin at PA has a evo injectors tune. It is a canned tune for a gt2871 though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
IDK about BR but arvin at PA has a evo injectors tune. It is a canned tune for a gt2871 though.

What I sent to Arvin

Hey Arvin sorry to bother you, know you are probably busy but I got quick questions.

1. When you came down to Florida for the dyno day I got a flash for 350 from you, which i told you I would like some leeway for future boltons. I had just an Intake back then, Now I have a TBE but still have primary cat though. Now with the intercooler Would I be running lean at tope because my injectors would be maxed out? or would I be safe because of the leeway you gave me.

2. I will be getting some Evo X injectors soon and wanted to know what would be the price to send my ECU and to reflash it for those injectors I/TBE/FMIC?

Thanks man look forward to hearing from you.

Arvin's response..

1. Although we gave it a leeway, it would probably be best to get it dyno'ed to see where you stand with the AFR after adding new mods. Adding an intercooler alone will only alter the air-fuel by .1% and won't require any custom tuning.

It is difficult for us to custom tune for larger injectors remotely. Especially with the EvoX injectors, no one was able to figure out what size they are exactly. I've heard 550 to 650cc, but the point is, even if you knew the exact size, we can't guarantee our tune will run perfectly with your car. Worst case scenario, if you decide to go that route we might have to send the ECU back and forth multiple times.
If you can wait, I suggest wait a few more months until we plan another trip to FL.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
I also had a WB to work with for him and a CMD at the time for some data logging and I didn't buy a reflash, I bought the reflash module. It took 3 tries. I told him it was 700cc, but he sent me a tune for 650, it ran stupid lean (didn't let it do anything other than idle lol). I did some scalar chages and some calculations and told him to bump it up 15% and it ran great. It was slightly lean on the top end, so I had him bump it to 2% more and I have been driving like that for 9k miles now. Though it still is slightly lean at closed loop I like it that way, better mpg's, and really isn't a danger since you aren't pushing it closed loop, but I run 14.7 -.3+.8 (14.4-15.5) though if I had to avg I would say 15. Though emissions are best at 14.7, power is best at 15.6 ie better mpgs. Though my open loop mpg's suck lol, but they are for safety with power not efficiency. I technically isn't 'tuned' for my car, it is bassicalyl tuned for a safe AFR open loop, and the fuel trims keep my closed loop good.

I am waiting for NitroGen before I plan on tuning my car. Without knowing timing or being able to control it, I know my AFR isn't optimal, but I am not going for squeezing every last bit of power, I am going for saftey. If I wanted more power, I could just turn up the boost, I don't really want more power lol as I am not sure if the rods can handle it.

My guess is my tune would work for your car at idle, but anything above -10inhg and you would most likely be really rich.

And I don't know if I would do it now, it is best to test your idle in the summer. When I trun my car on, I know what AFR I want to see, everything is up to temp basically. But in winter, my car runs STUPID rich (10.5-11) at idle, I wish I could change that, but I don't know enough about the ECU to ask Arvin what to do. Another reason I want to use NitroGen. But had I tried to work with Arvin over the winter, it would have been almost impossible to get a closed loop AFR to see how close the fuel scalar was. Though I guess in FL and maybe a heated garage in the middle of the day you could try it.

Arvin is a real nice guy and he was willing to work with me, but I also have patience and was polite. Though it is possible I got lucky and it only took 3 tries, it might take others 10 or so in which that is asking for a little more than leeway. And I am sure there would be frustration and it isn't the best road to go unless you have a decent amount of knowledge and monitoring devices to help Arvin with.

·
old guy
767 Posts
I also had a WB to work with for him and a CMD at the time for some data logging and I didn't buy a reflash, I bought the reflash module. It took 3 tries. I told him it was 700cc, but he sent me a tune for 650, it ran stupid lean (didn't let it do anything other than idle lol). I did some scalar chages and some calculations and told him to bump it up 15% and it ran great. It was slightly lean on the top end, so I had him bump it to 2% more and I have been driving like that for 9k miles now. Though it still is slightly lean at closed loop I like it that way, better mpg's, and really isn't a danger since you aren't pushing it closed loop, but I run 14.7 -.3+.8 (14.4-15.5) though if I had to avg I would say 15. Though emissions are best at 14.7, power is best at 15.6 ie better mpgs. Though my open loop mpg's suck lol, but they are for safety with power not efficiency. I technically isn't 'tuned' for my car, it is bassicalyl tuned for a safe AFR open loop, and the fuel trims keep my closed loop good.

I am waiting for NitroGen before I plan on tuning my car. Without knowing timing or being able to control it, I know my AFR isn't optimal, but I am not going for squeezing every last bit of power, I am going for saftey. If I wanted more power, I could just turn up the boost, I don't really want more power lol as I am not sure if the rods can handle it.

My guess is my tune would work for your car at idle, but anything above -10inhg and you would most likely be really rich.

And I don't know if I would do it now, it is best to test your idle in the summer. When I trun my car on, I know what AFR I want to see, everything is up to temp basically. But in winter, my car runs STUPID rich (10.5-11) at idle, I wish I could change that, but I don't know enough about the ECU to ask Arvin what to do. Another reason I want to use NitroGen. But had I tried to work with Arvin over the winter, it would have been almost impossible to get a closed loop AFR to see how close the fuel scalar was. Though I guess in FL and maybe a heated garage in the middle of the day you could try it.

Arvin is a real nice guy and he was willing to work with me, but I also have patience and was polite. Though it is possible I got lucky and it only took 3 tries, it might take others 10 or so in which that is asking for a little more than leeway. And I am sure there would be frustration and it isn't the best road to go unless you have a decent amount of knowledge and monitoring devices to help Arvin with.

I second that!

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
are these EVO X injectors direct plug and play or do u need a harness?

·
Premium Member
15,991 Posts
yes, it has a denso type connector. no harness

IIRC you have to mod the fuel rail, though.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
No modding of the fuel rail. They are drop in fitment. Just need a tune.
+1, i have installed these injectors 3 times and you don't have to modify the fuel
rail at all, and from o-ring to o-ring they are the same size and fit just like OEM
Hyundai injectors, just with a longer pental

1 - 17 of 17 Posts