Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Exceladyne VS Injen Catback Exhaust

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Uber Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im trying to find a new exhaust and Ive narrowed it down to these two choices. Any thoughts, opinions etc?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
personally im a bit conflicted with this two as they are going to be my choices also. i would say Exceladyne sounds better...but Injen has a good sound too...i think it might weigh less then stock also a +

·
The SFGenKid
782 Posts
Me aswell

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Your sig tells us youve already made a choice

·
Uber Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your sig tells us youve already made a choice
well, its what im leaning towards but im open to either system atm. I wont have money for an exhaust for another couple months but i wanted to get some input before im committed

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
If you plan to push big power (400+hp) in the future, then the 2.5" Injen system will not be very efficient.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Exceladyne ftw. full 3 in or go home... Don't let people talk it down because it has that bend before it goes into the muffler like stock, it flows plenty and is not dropping down to 2.5 inches. BR ran over 400whp with their system too...

·
Golden
348 Posts
how did you narrow it down to these two? i can't seem to get around Cp-e.. i like their system a lot but i can't force myself to drop 1k JUST for a catback..

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The Injen is one of the quieter exhaust.
The BR unit is louder.
If you are thinking of ever doing a turbo swap or you will be using either a 3" 02 pipe or down pipe, then I would go with BR as the injen and Ark both go to a single 2.5" section before going into their resonator that splits to two pipes.

Turbo XS, magnaflow, and DC are similar designs to the BR.
The BR unit is better quality then DC.

·
Uber Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm well im not trying to get to 400 whp, thats more than i want to put in the car. Im looking for more aesthetics than power at this point but i might end up going to a full turboback in the future. I want an exhaust thats louder than stock, and keeping my rpms above 2k isnt really a problem haha.

So what im hearing is the injen exhaust is quieter...does anyone know how the sound compares to ark? I heard ark is one of the quietest out there

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't know where everyone is getting the 2.5" thing about the Injen.

It's a 3" exhaust that Y-pipes into two 2.5" sections. That's 3" -> 5" total space, since you have two separate pipes and mufflers. There's no way you will even come close to flowing enough exhaust to actually utilize that unless you put a GT35R on it, which is unlikely.

They will both net you around the same gains, so you're looking at:

1) Price
2) Looks
3) Sound

That's it. In my humble opinion, the Injen looks a lot better than the Exceladyne piece. It's also got less bends (straighter piping GOOD).

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
wait wait wait... the injen exhaust actually makes noise? last time I saw (Tsukuba Coupe) red coupe, had the pre production exhaust and it sounded stock...

What changed? what I misS?

·
Registered
297 Posts
wait wait wait... the injen exhaust actually makes noise? last time I saw (Tsukuba Coupe) red coupe, had the pre production exhaust and it sounded stock...

What changed? what I misS?
All cynicism aside, that's why we're telling him to watch videos and make his own decision. Some people don't like loud-ass exhausts.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
All cynicism aside, that's why we're telling him to watch videos and make his own decision. Some people don't like loud-ass exhausts.
With no cats, mine would steal the award of being a Ninja on DD. Don't want a loud exhaust get my Megan! =P

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
Exceladyne. I love mine. Loud enough to enjoy inside, but surprisingly quiet outside. Has a subaru like burble when accelerating lightly, and when you get on it, it just growls down the road. Its just loud enough for you to enjoy without drone, it isn't so loud from the outside you'll piss off neighbors or get attention from the 5-0. The tips are a good size for the bumper cutout and extend out past the bumper an appropriate amount. Honestly, the only downside is you have an exhaust tip for every cylinder in your motor... seems weird to me... but that's a mental road block. I have videos, but the camera doesn't have very good audio pickup so its very distorted.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I don't know where everyone is getting the 2.5" thing about the Injen.

It's a 3" exhaust that Y-pipes into two 2.5" sections. That's 3" -> 5" total space, since you have two separate pipes and mufflers. There's no way you will even come close to flowing enough exhaust to actually utilize that unless you put a GT35R on it, which is unlikely.

They will both net you around the same gains, so you're looking at:

1) Price
2) Looks
3) Sound

That's it. In my humble opinion, the Injen looks a lot better than the Exceladyne piece. It's also got less bends (straighter piping GOOD).

Are you sure its 3" inlet?
Every description and picture I have seen states 2.5" piping and looks like 2.5" piping.

And cross sectional area doesn't add up like that. two 2.5" pipes have about the same area as a 3.5" pipe

·
Registered
915 Posts
Exceladyne. I love mine. Loud enough to enjoy inside, but surprisingly quiet outside. Has a subaru like burble when accelerating lightly, and when you get on it, it just growls down the road. Its just loud enough for you to enjoy without drone, it isn't so loud from the outside you'll piss off neighbors or get attention from the 5-0. The tips are a good size for the bumper cutout and extend out past the bumper an appropriate amount. Honestly, the only downside is you have an exhaust tip for every cylinder in your motor... seems weird to me... but that's a mental road block. I have videos, but the camera doesn't have very good audio pickup so its very distorted.
X2 on the Exceladyne. I kept on hearing about how loud this exhaust was and it kind of scared me a little, but i bought it anyways. After installing it i was kind of surprised by how quite it was. Zero drone from inside (which was important to me) and very aggressive sounding on the outside without being overly loud. Its the perfect exhaust for these cars IMO sound wise.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
X2 on the Exceladyne. I kept on hearing about how loud this exhaust was and it kind of scared me a little, but i bought it anyways. After installing it i was kind of surprised by how quite it was. Zero drone from inside (which was important to me) and very aggressive sounding on the outside without being overly loud. Its the perfect exhaust for these cars IMO sound wise.
^^Couldn't have said it better...:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts