Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my genesis for a couple of months and want to install Catback Exhaust. I found one that's not too expensive and just wondering if anyone has used products from this company and how's the installation process to install a Catback exhaust system. Any advice would be appreciated
The company is called K2Motor "Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust For 2009-2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T"

·
Registered
998 Posts
Well, I haven't used it, but for the price I wouldn't expect too much.

That muffler is probably just an echo chamber with some baffles in it, no insulating material.

I don't see a resonator on there so between the muffler and lack of resonator I can't imagine it sounds that great. Sound preference is subjective though,. If you still have both cats then it might not be too bad.

I'm not a fan of slip fit w/ clamps because I have seen them leak even on a $100k Z06 ...

A lot of people seem to like the CNT V3 cat-back as a budget option.

Installation is pretty straight forward on something like this. It is only removing two bolts on the flange that meets the catalytic converter and then bolting the new pipe on. You can do it with a jack and jack stands. Just be sure to chock the wheels up for safety. Depending on is your car has seen salty roads you might want to soak the bolts over night with PB blaster so they loosen easier.

·
Registered
998 Posts
For cat-backs it will fit all 2.0t models.

Axle back will only fit BK1 2.0t I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts