Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have a 2013 gen coupe and i want to have a good exuast setup, i want a full 3'' straight pipe with a test pipe in place of the secondary cat, i have 2 questions that im confused about, if i want to replace the primary cat with an O2 housing from ISR would i absolutely need to get a tune or would it just be wasting my gas and putting more into the engine to try and cool the cat?, and the second question is if the primary cat is connected to the turbo downpipe
Ive been rethinking this so many times, Thanks for the help!:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi edude404 I have a full 3" turbo-back setup currently I'm running ISR Catback (street version), but the midpipe and downpipe replaced with CP-E (with high-flow primary cat). A tune isn't exactly required, but there are two benefits:
1. Can make better use of the new found exhaust flow for a little power gain/response.
2. The tuner can disable the check engine line for the O2 sensor.
3. Not sure if you have inspections in Canada, but removing the cats are likely to make you fail.

Design wise, yes the primary cat is connected to the other side of the turbo. The ISR O2 housing would replace the primary cat. The downpipe servers the same function, just different piping options.

Friendly reminder, cause I hadn't realized this when I initially purchased my downpipe. The 2013 uses a strange oval shaped flange. If you ever want an aftermarket turbo setup these O2 housings and downpipes are not compatible with aftermarket setups. So I'll be selling my downpipe soon. Not intending to plug, but I figured this is good to know before dropping $$$ on parts that you will swap later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts