Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a new Megan Racing axleback exhaust on my 2010 3.8 Genesis Coupe. With the stock exhaust, revving to about 2-3k rpms and letting off produced some pops, but with this exhaust, I instead noticed that where the stock exhaust would pop, this one tends to give some strange vibrations, 1 or 2 strong half second long vibrations as the rpms drop, in place of the pops. Is this normal? I don’t think it would have anything to do with my engine mounts, which appear to be fine. The car is otherwise fine, and this only started after replacing the exhaust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am assuming it is a raspy, tin can, vibration sound you are hearing from the shake and sound frequency of the motor reverberating in the exhaust. Check that the exhaust is mounted properly, is held in place snug with little movement, and is not touching the frame or other components under the car. A local mechanic shop with a lift would help deduce this. If all these things check out then the quality of the metal and the exhaust's design could be the source of the resonance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts