Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im low on money so i was thinking is it possible to go to a exhaust shop and have them remove both cats and weld straight pipes to replace them? Im worried if the primary cat is possible to delete like that or do i need an o2 housing because where would the sensors go srry for the noob question im just on a budget.

Im lookin to remove both cats add 550cc and Br reflash.
Opinions and help needed thanks.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Like i said, the primary cats housing is made of iron, its hard to weld a muffler pipe there. It would turn out messy. 2ndary cat is a piece of cake all you need is two 2.5" two bolt flanges and a piece of pipe to connect them. Get a O2 housing, used ive seen them for under $150

You dont want to destroy your factory exhaust pieces especially the one housing cats. It might void your warranty so save them just in case you need to go back to the dealer and put the car back to stock

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right man thanks ima get the o2 housing and just have them delete the secondary cat. How much power or in what car range would I be in with o2housing, intake, sec.catdelete, 550cc, and BR reflash? Would the injectors make a difference here are they worth it with such little mods?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
550's are required past +240ish whp. With what you mentioned and adding an intake would prob put you in high 230ish low 240ish and 250-260ish tq range.

I was at 245whp with stock injectors but they were prob running almost at max range.

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
I don't know you'd save that much money taking it to a shop unless you know them well. Secondary cat delete/ test pipes are $70. Megan racing makes one, and there's another couple. I like the megan racing because it still looks like a cat converter. For the primary, you'll want to grab a new downpipe, I think you can do the whole kit and cabootle for $300.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts